I was in town for business for a few days and was given one of the suites. A huge space for one, with living room, dining room, bedroom with ensuite and closet kitchen.
But there's a reason why you get such a large space for not that much money. The place needs really needs a makeover. Whilst I loved the photography and art in my suite, the peeling paint and ramshackle appearance in general was pretty average. It doesn't need a complete makeover, just a little TLC.
The bar downstairs is a bit drab, and whilst they had a good couple of beers on tap, it really needs someone to inject some life into it. The restaurant was closed at the time, so couldn't comment.
So, I guess there's two ways of looking at it, if you want lots of space without spending a bomb, then it's great - but I do think that a little well apppointed maintenance could certainly help this place, even to maintain the shabby chic appearance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic 1930's New York skyscraper - Midtown location on east side, 3 blocks to Grand Central Station. Home away from home. People. Art. Stories. Ideas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Roger Smith Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Roger Smith
- Roger Smith Hotel New York
- Roger Smith New York City