Apart from a rather unhelpful man on reception when i arrived i had an enjoyable stay here.
The rooms are a decent size and well equipped with some nice touches such as a collection of books on the bedside table to read. The decor is nice and definitely not your average hotel. Although if you search in corners and behind curtains it is showing little signs of age.
The Bathroom is also a good size with nice complimentary toiletries with a great shower, although the temperature control was a little temperamental.
The downstairs restaurant was not open during my stay so i can't comment on that.
The best thing about this hotel for me was it's location which for a first time NY visitor with little time to explore seemed to be close to everything i wanted to see.
As i said, the only down side was the man on the desk who was most unhelpful when i tried to check in. All of the other staff were most helpful and even gave me some great recommendations on local places to eat (can recommend the comfort dimer around the corner and Snafu bar).
Oh, on two mornings there was some incessant banging (no, not that kind)like a sledgehammer from somewhere else in the hotel. I phoned reception to ask about it but it didn't stop and if they new what it was they didn't let on.
All in all a good stay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic 1930's New York skyscraper - Midtown location on east side, 3 blocks to Grand Central Station. Home away from home. People. Art. Stories. Ideas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Kognitiv US Corp, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Roger Smith Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Roger Smith
- Roger Smith Hotel New York
- Roger Smith New York City