1) The front desk staff was extremely kind and courteous.
2) The complimentary yogurt & granola was a nice touch.
3) The location – if you want to be mid-town slightly off the beaten path but close enough to everything.
The not so positives:
1) The décor of the hotel and the rooms is extremely dated and can use a face lift.
2) The cleanliness of the rooms needs to be addressed – bathroom tiles and shower curtain contained mildew.
3) The bathroom sink did not drain well, literally taking minutes.
4) The shower was an adventure as the water temperature had a mind of its own alternating between hot and scalding without being touched.
Unless there is a significant price savings vs. the major chains you can do better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic 1930's New York skyscraper - Midtown location on east side, 3 blocks to Grand Central Station. Home away from home. People. Art. Stories. Ideas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Roger Smith Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Roger Smith
- Roger Smith Hotel New York
- Roger Smith New York City