this hotel has a great location just north of grand central.its an old building with old elevator. the first time we stayed we were put in a room on Lexington.The hallways were very tired and the wallpaper needed replacing.We were on a lower floor behind the flags and they flapped and flapped.Lexington is very busy at all hours duh...Noisy.,,, the pipes ran rusty and the hot water ran out.but it was clean other than that....it.reminded me of europe in that respect.the bedding was great
.the next time we got the 2 bedrrom suite and loved it...had an entryway, living room with pullout ,a twin bedroom with walkincloset and a huge king bedrrom with three windows...and walk-in closet..there was also a tiny pantry with microwave,fridge and sink and fully fitted with dishes and glassware..this suite was larger than most apts in NYC...truly spacious. but there was on big problem we stayed in the winter time and there were 2 wall airconditioning units. but the staff had failed to put the covers over these for the winter.It was like a hole right in the wall in 10 degree weather...we used pillows and the drapes and plastic covers but nothing helped the bone chilling draft...was a colossal waste of energy...they need to seal these inside and out.when some good managment this could be a jem but the rooms have to updated to take care of details..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic 1930's New York skyscraper - Midtown location on east side, 3 blocks to Grand Central Station. Home away from home. People. Art. Stories. Ideas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), World Independent Hotel Promotion, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Roger Smith Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Roger Smith
- Roger Smith Hotel New York
- Roger Smith New York City