I scheduled my stay at the roger smith hotel with james Fox(Director of Sales) and I faced a lot of problems.
On April 2, I decided to let the housekeeping enter my room and at night, when I came back, I noticed that some things inside my refrigerator was missing. Luckily, the things of greater value were locked inside my luggage.
Since then, I didn't ask for cleaning service (what I was paying for).
Two days later I realized that someone entered my room without informing me.
I was really disapointed with this hotel and I was worried about my things. I wasted many time everyday to keep everything locked.
Definitely, it was not what I expected from the roger smith hotel.
The heater did not work properly. It stopped working and did not return for one or two days.
My checkout was a mess. I paid for 12 nights with cash on my check-in. One week later, I booked one more night using Hoteis.com's web site and I informed everything needed to the front desk. At check out, they tryed to charge me again the 13 days. I explained everything to the front-desk and I waited for 15 minutes for him to redo all accounts. Even though, they charged me again the last night and I payed twice for the same "service". I called the company (Hoteis.com) and they told me that The Roger Smith received my stay and was not necessary to charge me again. Now I'm trying to solve my problem.
I don't really recommend this hotel to anyone.
The hotel staff convinced me that my bags would not fit in a conventional taxi and they convinced me to call a bigger car. When I realized, they rented a limousine to take 4 large suitcases and two small. When I arrived in Brazil, I took it home in a taxi much smaller than conventional cars used as taxi in New York.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic 1930's New York skyscraper - Midtown location on east side, 3 blocks to Grand Central Station. Home away from home. People. Art. Stories. Ideas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Roger Smith Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Roger Smith
- Roger Smith Hotel New York
- Roger Smith New York City