“Better than we expected”
Review of Roger Smith Hotel

Roger Smith Hotel
Ranked #109 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed there last week with two 20-something year old daughters. We all loved the room and funky decor. My daughter commented how nice it was to stay someplace that wasn't cookie-cutter. Also, the beds were very comfortable and I tend to be on the picky side about that. The staff was very willing to help us out as tourists. They were very patient with our questions, gave us maps and directions, checked our luggage when we arrived at 11 am and were willing to keep it in storage between check out time and our train trip home. The location was great in terms of subway access. Also, it's near the Grand Central Market, which was a fine place to grab reasonably priced to-go food for people with gluten-free or dairy issues. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The junior suite is a very reasonably price for the amount of beds and space.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Booked a room over the weekend, and I was very pleased with the room and the personnel Very helpful and polite, helped us get cabs and always greeted us with a smile.
The hotel room was comfortable and spacious.
The only thing I would complain about was a hidden fee that applied each night we stayed. I booked it online and the night fee was not mentioned until I arrived.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Lifebysebastian
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

We choose the hotel based on location and the interior on the pictures online. We were not disappointed. The inside has a nice quirky style and the rooms are clean and nice. The service was great and the roof top bar is worth a visit. Location is close to lots of main sites and there are tons of great restaurants in the area.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Over all experience was pleasant for a long weekend family mini vacation. Only had a minor issue with valet. I was informed it would take 20 minutes to get my car and it took an hour. Would not hesitate to stay at this location again.

1  Thank NovaScotaiTravel2009
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I was pleasantly surprised at how clean, and neat this hotel was for the price. I had the junior suite, and although small, it was enough. My only complaints, were the rug was old and worn, and needed updating, the TV was between the Large chair and sofa, so you had to turn it one way or the other, and 2 people could not watch at the same time.

The staff was great, and we would probably stay there again. Overall, I think the hotel needs some renovation, but for the price I would give it a 3 out of 5.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Great Value, Classic Old Style Hotel! I have stayed here once before. Both times the room was very nice and the service was very good. The room with the sitting area is also a very nice touch along with the complimentary yogurt and granola.

1  Thank Howard Y
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Would recommend highly. Good access and well staffed. Rooms were attractive, very clean and comfortable. Good restaurants nearby. The staff was very professional and met our needs. We had a huge amount of luggage and the staff handled everything with a smile. Would I use the Roger Smith again

• Stayed: July 2014
Travellers also viewed these New York City hotels
Club Quarters Hotel, Grand Central
Club Quarters Hotel, Grand Centr...
#122 of 469 in New York City
Hotel Boutique At Grand Central
Hotel Boutique At Grand Central
#140 of 469 in New York City
EVEN Hotel New York - Midtown East
EVEN Hotel New York - Midtown Ea...
#31 of 469 in New York City
Manhattan
The Lex NYC
The Lex NYC
#40 of 469 in New York City

Been to Roger Smith Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Roger Smith Hotel

Address: 501 Lexington Avenue, New York City, NY 10017-2008
Region: United States > New York > New York City > Midtown , Manhattan
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Room Service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#53 Green Hotel in New York City
#179 Business Hotel in New York City
#179 Family Hotel in New York City
#184 Romantic Hotel in New York City
Price Range: £109 - £318 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Roger Smith Hotel 3*
Classic 1930's New York skyscraper - Midtown location on east side, 3 blocks to Grand Central Station. Home away from home. People. Art. Stories. Ideas. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Roger Smith Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hotel Roger Smith