“Enjoyable Stay!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Henderson, NV
“Enjoyable Stay!”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Recently enjoyed a 5 night stay. Found out about this hotel through Jetsetter and I am so glad I took a chance on it! I was most impressed with the service I received from the staff. Kathy at the front desk was particularly welcoming and friendly. The doormen were very helpful and went out of their way to make sure I had assistance with transportation/directions. The Roger boasts a very stylish lobby and parlor level. I loved the complimentary wine hour and the thoughtful amenities like champagne upon arrival and warm apple cider on a cold winter's day. The rooms are well appointed with extra touches like robes & umbrellas to use during your stay. I would definitely recommend the Roger for those traveling alone on business or for couples enjoying the city. Great location in walking distance to many landmarks & attractions and 2 blocks away from the subway.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Jeff_Hentze, General Manager at The Roger, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Hope24,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at The Roger. Our Kathy is a delight! I'm glad our central location worked out for your trip and that you had the opportunity to join us at our complimentary wine hour.

Jeff Hentze

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Fist time as a business traveller to this particular hotel. Great location and easy to walk to most central destinations. Lobby was smart and the concierge and general managemant there very helpful. I broke a case wheel off and someone came up immediately to fix it for me. Didn't use the beakfast room - pricey and better to use a cafe / diner. Why no tea / coffee available in rooms?? This was really the only thing that would make me think twice about using this hotel again - I can't function without tea at end of day + morning and had to keep going to a store over the road which was inconvevient. Otherwise staff lovely perfect location and comfortable stay.

• Stayed December 2013
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed 27 January 2014

A nice boutique hotel in Manhattan, it's very well located, I stayed for a week and only used the subway or any other means of transport once, walked to everything. The room was small, but comfortable and commodities like internet and the like were nice. Breakfast is absolutely amazing, one of the nicest I've had, and if you don't want to pay up there's much cheaper places nearby, while personnel were nice.

All in all, a very pleasant stay, for all that walking this hotel provided perfect rest and comfort. Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Good-sized room for Manhattan. Nice decor (just like the online photos - imagine that!). Clean, quiet. Friendly staff. Upscale breakfast buffet on the mezzanine (yes, it's pricey). For cheaper, quick food, try Bread & Butter a block away on 5th.

Room Tip: Off street rooms are quieter, but the view is a light shaft, which I'd rather have than street n...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Lichty22
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed ere 2 nights for work. Had two double beds which meant the room was fairly large. Work space was a small desk and not ideal. Very dim lighting in the room which I didn't like. Heating system very unpredictable. On my final night there was a leak in the hotel and an intermittent alarm going off until after midnight.
Cool little bar downstairs, may stay here with my partner but probably would choose elsewhere first. Close to Empire State Building but not many bars or restaurants in the bear vicinity.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Pete D
Dear PeteD,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay with us. I am glad that overall you enjoyed the hotel. Unfortunately we did have a pipe break due to the extreme cold which caused the alarms to go off late at night. I am so that this disturbed your stay. Please contact me directly the next time you are coming to New York so that I can see to your reservation personally.

jhentze@therogernewyork.com
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 January 2014

It's a good boutique hotel in central Manhattan. Complimentary wine hour helps as well. Only issue I had was my room was right in front of the elevators which made it loud and the walls are kind of thin, could hear muffled conversations. Overall staff was friendly, rooms clean, I just wish they would have moved my room when I asked.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Bill B
Dear BillB,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our central location worked well for your trip. It is great to hear our guests enjoying our complimentary wine hour as we just began offering it at the end of last year. I am sorry that we didn't move you to a more comfortable room when you asked to change. Please consider us for your next trip to New York and contact me directly so that I can see to your reservation personally.

Warm regards,
jhentze@therogernewyork.com
London
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

I usually stayed at the Giraffe on Park Ave. when visiting NY, but on my last visit it was full and so I found myself in the Roger. What a great little gem right in the heart of mid-town. On arrival the front desk staff were friendly and warm and there was a great buzz in the lobby come bar area. The decor is modern and yet cozy, with some fun eccentric touches. The rooms are classically small, but we'll appointed, clean and fine for a few day stay. The bathrooms are nice, with a good shower and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast is served on the mezzanine level and is a great buffet. I normally just have coffee in the morning, but was forced to make an exception due to the rave reviews by my colleagues. A great little hotel for business or pleasure, will definitely be going back.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank SurreyChap
Dear SurreyChap

I am glad that you gave us a try after your regular hotel was booked... and I hope that we are now your favorite NYC hotel!. Our breakfast which is comprised of offerings of some of New York's best shops really is too good to pass up.

We hope to see you back at The Roger again soon.