“Good hotel”

Ranked #150 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Good hotel”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Stayed there for a night on a business trip; it is a very nice hotel.
Good location, very clean, nice modern design.
Breakfast is a little expensive but offers a large selection and is really good.
The only down side was that my room was quite dark.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
Philadelphia
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Forecast snowstorm made staying in New York on short notice necessary. Great rate from Hotwire. Larger than usual rooms for Boutique Hotel. Excellent service, 42" Samsung TV with HiDef service, no hassle really high speed internet. Great value. Easy walk to Eataily market/restaurant attraction by Mario Battali. Just one avenue and two street blocks from the Empire State building but that means it was quieter, yet taxi were easy to get as well. I would definitely come back.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Paul W
Washington DC
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Had a fantastic stay. Booked a corner king and loved the room. I've seen a lot of hotels in NYC and this one has lots of space. The hotel is a boutique hotel meaning there aren't hordes of groups and tourists convening in the lobby, which I appreciate when traveling. In fact the beautiful decor creates a personable, residential feel.

I didn't have as wonderful experience at the breakfast as other posters so I think my experience was a one off. The food was fine but not replenished as often as we would like. We also arrived at 11am so that was probably part of the problem. Breakfast on weekends closes at noon. So just keep that in mind as they're very punctual (which makes perfect sense).

Location is fantastic. Lots of restaurants and nice neighborhoods within walking distance. Easy walk to penn station as well. Lots of cabs and two blocks from subway.

Can't wait to return.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I am a New York Lover!
As I have lived there in past, I love going back at least once a year, it gives me a kick that no other city is able to give me!

After trying several hotels in New York, I can say that the Roger meets my ideal hotel stay in NYC!We have stayed there already 3 times, once with husband,my husband and a friend (for New York Marathon 2013) and this time I travelled with godchild.

I was so happy with our previous stay that this time I booked the hotel directly with them instead of online travel sites.Of course we always wished that the price is lower, but I was happy this time breakfast and wifi was included in price, which makes my travel really perfect. I dislike additional expenses for things that one thinks, it should just be part of the booking experience.
The Roger breakfast is simply the best, great job to the person who in charge of making the selection of all the products that are provided in breakfast area.
The staff is very friendly and respectful (from the reception, to the cleaning lady, janitor, engineers, and doorman etc)
Remarks - yes, I agree that more light in room wont be a bad idea
The hallway on our floor would have been a bit cleaner!
noise at the hallway from other guests (people or guests just have to be
considered of other guests once they are at the hallway, maybe a little note next to the elevator as a reminder.)
But for New York and American standards, the thank god that between bedroom we don't hear much!

Lovely boutique hotel in New York, great for its location,service, reception decoraration, breakfast!I just enjoy being there!

Sure to be there next year...or who knows, this again!

Room Tip: 1118 - two beds if you are more than 2 persons. the room is big for NYC standards! But attention no...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank AzizaL
Schenectady, New York
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Have stayed here twice now, most recently in February 2014 because of a winter price deal (can't argue with $99/night). First time I would absolutely give it a 5 (and frankly thought I had reviewed it before) as everything was perfect. This time, the first night, we found it to be very noisy from other guests, both from adjoining rooms and from rude (drunk?) people getting off the elevator presumably at the wrong floor. Minimal outside noise even when on the third floor. The second night was completely different as it was extremely quiet. Beds are relatively comfortable, rooms are clean and decent sized for NYC, but I think the best part is the staff. Every single staff member we have had some type of contact with has been extremely courteous and helpful. We will be back at some time. Try for an upper floor, they seem to be quieter. One other item, we had trouble controlling the temp in the room...too warm and couldn't cool it off without opening the window a crack.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SirVayR
new york
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stayed in the Roger with our two children for two nights. The common areas are beautifully done! The location is convenient to both Penn Station and Grand Central Station. You are on the cusp of both K-town (Korea-town) and Curry Hill so there are ethnic restaurant choices abound. The location on Madison ave puts you right at several bus stops.

The hotel room was lovely and well-designed. We wished the windows were larger to let in more light.

The admin fee covers free wifi, which is a big plus.

We wished that the dinidg area offered a breakfast option for kids. We would have tried it, if we didn;t have to pay $28 for a 5 year old. There are 3-4 cafes right outside the door step so no shortage of places to grab breakfast.

We would recommend. We were able to get a deal through Hotwire. I would, however, recommend for business travelers that are looking for a boutique hotel experience.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We stayed for two nights, we actually found the hotel through Hotwire. It is absolutely beautiful and the service is great. Everyone was helpful and friendly. I loved all of the details throughout the hotel.. Blue and white polka dots were a subtle theme. The afternoon wine hour was a pleasant surprise. Our bed was quite comfortable. The bathroom was small, but hey, it's New York! My one complaint is in regards to the breakfast. It is essentially a continental breakfast, but it will run you $27 per person. The sign that indicates the price is really small-- so just be forewarned! I would rather walk a few blocks to Sara Beth's for a much better breakfast at the same price.

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple