San Carlos Hotel
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$171
  • Fitness centre
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$127
US$113
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$155
Triumph Hotels
Good 3.5/5
  • Fitness centre
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$155
Great 4.5/5
  • Bar/Lounge
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$135
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$137
Travelocity
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$353
US$188
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$280
US$92
  • Breakfast included
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$147
US$232
US$171
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
1,526 results
All reviewsyogurtcontinental breakfastaveda productsnew yorkone bedroom suiteess a bagelrockefeller centercentral parksofa bedfree wifismall kitchentimes squarefridge and microwaveliving areabusiness centerlarge roomwaldorf astoria
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 June 2014

this was a really nice hotel and in a good area. it was a quiet road and we had a back room which was a nice room but no view, spacious for the 4 of us, with microwave and fridge. breakfast was ok and it filled us up. we would take fruit and danish pasties with us to eat later on. there was nice restaurants in the area epecially if you turn right when coming out of the hotel. Staff were very polite and kept our luggage for us as we had a late flight and even orgnaised us a private taxi to the airport which cost $60. not bad between the 4 of us and we left this hotel at 3.30pm and arrived exactly at 4.30 at JFK. as there were 4 of us we used the yellow cabs to get about and that cost around $10 and we would give $2 tip. still very cheap. the hotel provided umbrellas which was good as we didnt bring ours.

Room Tip: even we didnt have agood view, didnt bother us as we left the hotel 9 in the morning and returned late in the evening, hit the bed and off to sleep, only waqtched tv when we woke early hours- getting used to time change. the nosiy air conditioning didnt bother us either, just turned it up a little.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank stellastarEngland
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Just back from a 5 day stay here and cannot praise it too highly. Conveniently placed about 5 minutes walk from Lexington Avenue subway on either E 51st or 53rd Street. Everything you could want in a hotel room is there - tea/coffee making facilities, microwave (together with crockery and cutlery), iron and ironing board, trouser press, hair dryer. TV, clock radio and - a big bonus - lots of sockets so you can charge all your gadgets at the same time! Free wi-fi as well. The room was large, with two queen beds and the most comfortable mattress I have ever had in a hotel. It was at the back of the hotel and therefore had no view, but also had NO traffic noise. In fact, once in the room there was no noise at all. Plenty of pastries, muffins, yoghurt etc. for breakfast. If I return to New York in the future I would have no hesitation in staying at the San Carlos again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Ex-skiier
Reviewed 6 June 2014

While the hotel itself is in good condition, the front-desk service is among the poorest I have ever experienced. When I arrived at 3:30 PM on Wednesday, June 4, the young male clerk was unwilling to accommodate my previous request for a room on a high-floor overlooking 50th Street. I had made my reservation on the hotel's website - and prepaid ( a big mistake)! Finally, he did offer me a smoking room; but, since I have never smoked, I didn't think I should begin that night. My experience went from bad to worse: Once inside the room, my phone had no connection to the internet!!! The clerk offered to send up an engineer, but not to change my room. At 9:00 PM I received a call from the hotel: Seems they had located a front-facing room! AVOID!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank jeanne2400
JanetM150, Director of Sales at San Carlos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment. We always appreciate our guest's feedback and look to improve upon our services from all reviews.
I hope to be able to clarify any misunderstanding that may have occurred. I have reviewed your reservation and do see a guest comment noting a request for a high floor facing 50th St. Please note, comments are on a "request basis" and not confirmed. We always strive to do our best to accommodate guest requests, but there are times when it is beyond our control. The hotel was completely sold out and since most accommodations facing the front are suites, the room type (deluxe queen or king room) you confirmed was not available facing 50th Street. You were offered a high floor facing the front, but it was a smoking room which understandably, as a non-smoker, you declined. The room you accepted was the room type you confirmed. We tried to check the WIFI connection upon receiving your comment that it was not working, but you had a Do Not Disturb sign on the door. We subsequently checked the WIFI service and found no evident problem. Occasionally, there are weak connections with individual devices. Based on your concerns and comments, our Assistant Manager stayed alert to any accommodation changes, and when a cancellation arrived that evening, he contacted you immediately to ask if you would like to change rooms to an "upgraded" Junior Suite at no additional expense. He also offered to facilitate the move for you, which you opted to decline.
We pride ourselves on the usual fine service we provide to our guests as indicated in the numerous excellent comments on TripAdvisor.
Again, I hope you will accept our apologies for any inconvenience experienced.

Janet Materi
Director of Sales

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I booked a suite with a king size bed and a sofa bed for my two boys. The room was huge! It included a little kitchenette, a desk, and the sofa space. I felt I was not cramped with my two boys in one room. Service is awesome. For example, the clerk at the desk did a magic trick for my boys. Also when I called for help with the safe and they came literally within one minute of my putting the phone headset down. They don't have an ice machine on the floor but as soon as you call, you can expect a knock on the door with an ice bucket within minutes. Wow! A definite come back with the family,

Room Tip: I believe I booked on travelocity for a lower rate. My room was on the 3rd floor but I can't complain how spacious it was.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Choosyeater_12
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We loved staying at the San Carlos. The location was great, staff were always so friendly and it was a lovely, quiet base to come back to after a long day of sightseeing. Breakfast was fine, and even though it was busy most mornings, we still managed to get a table each time. The rooms were great for our family of five, and very affordable for New York City. Would stay here again when in New York.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family