“Good option for dinner @ meatpacking district” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: West Village
Cross street: Corner of Little W12 th Street
Transit: E-C-A-L Train to 14 th Street 8 th Ave.
Description: Welcome to SEA The Thai experience in the heart of the Meatpacking District. The moment you dive into SEA you will smell the perfume of the galangal root, the lemongrass, ginger, tamarind, basil leaves... the sweetness of pineapple chunks and at the same time you will be taken by the contagious ambiance of our Bangkok inspired modern design with guest DJs spinning The Mezzanine lounge overlooking the High Line park and the more exclusive MOON ROOM lounge on the lower level. The exotic trendy cocktails will make it a complete experience and our team is committed to provide every patron with not only the best dining experience but also the best night-out.
Sweden
“Good option for dinner @ meatpacking district”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I like this place. It offers the same menu and quality as the one in Brooklyn. I personally like the Brooklyn location better as it is bigger and it is easier to get a table. Unfortunately we did not make a reservation and had to wait over 1 hr to get a table.

Despite that, the food was very good (some dishes were slightly sweet), the staff were attentive, and the prices were very reasonable for this area.

Overall it is a great place if you are looking for good Thai food before clubbing in the meatpacking district.

Visited November 2013

NY
“amazing thai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

looking for a nice upscale place for thai, sea is the place for you. I have heard great reviews about the brooklyn location. The former restaurant was hi line thai. Sea has many options for vegetarians as well. Great food.

Visited November 2012
“Great food, unhelpful staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

I went with some friends for the first time on a week night, it was very busy so we waited for a table at the bar. I had one of the worst Caipirinhas' I've ever had while I waited but I understand its not a cocktail bar. We were seated soon after, and the food came fairly quickly. We all agreed it was delicious, slightly overpriced, but delicious. Then I found a huge chunk of metal in my food, I bit down on it really hard and could of really damaged my teeth. The waitress offered to get me a new dish but was really unapologetic. I had to remind her I could of choked, but she didn't care. My friend had also asked for a specific ingredient be left out of his meal, but that request was ignored! If they can charge as much as they do for food, then service needs to be better. If they know they are so busy, maybe they should employ some more staff. I'm sure they'd give better service if they weren't so rushed!

Avon Lake, Ohio
“Exciting cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

SEA Restaurant
Meat packing district, NYC

Exciting cuisine..

My niece has an excellent taste for choosing a good restaurant in the meatpacking district of New York city. She found one, a Thai restaurant, just along the busy street with the charge of pedestrian, both locals and tourists coming in and out of Chelsea market and High Line park.

An engaging receptionist showed the table. The idea was just to rest our legs from miles of walking around, and maybe had a cup of coffee pastries. The time was late for lunch but too early for dinner, but the stimulating smell of ginger, galangal and lemony grass, Thai basil and other spices overwhelmed the senses. A quick look at the extensive menus makes us choose to have an early dinner.

The place is nice-looking, clean, with tables apart for unperturbed conversation. We choose to be inside but still has a good view to the outside. It is a different world inside, unruffled from the energetic crowd outside. The service staffs' smiles, politeness, attentiveness and good ambiance encouraged us to hang around for awhile.

Reasonably priced, we went through the varied menus from the appetizers, soup, salad, house specialties and settled on chicken and pork dishes.
It was a pleasure having the original Tom Ka soup with shredded chicken, mushroom and galangal. The flavors of the coconut milk in the soup tried to control, but the mild galangal aroma sustained its strength. Delicious.

I deduced from my friend’s satisfied look that they also got pleasure from their foods. We opted for a sweet rice with a sorbet of mango on top for dessert, and Thai tea. Refreshing, but awfully too sweet to end a good meal.

NV
9-15-2013

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brooklyn, New York
“Good thai food spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

New Years Eve 2013 was my first visit to this SEA location. I chose SEA for a NYE dinner with relatives based on my past experience at the SEA in Brooklyn.
The food was excellent just as SEA is known for but the restaurant itself was poor in comparison with the Brooklyn location. For one, the dining area of this location was not very spacious and the wait was incredibly long even though we had reservation! However, to be fair it was NYE and it was very crowded.
Dinner itself was great but I was very disappointed that they ran out of meal options by the time they sat us down. Our meal included five courses and a glass of proseco wine but none of us liked the wine. But our table favorite was the lamb appetizer.
I wouldnt return to this location simply because the Brooklyn location is so much more pleasing to the eye and spacious.

• Visited January 2013