“Great place!”

Dining options: After-hours
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: West Village
Cross street: Corner of Little W12 th Street
Transit: E-C-A-L Train to 14 th Street 8 th Ave.
Description: Welcome to SEA The Thai experience in the heart of the Meatpacking District. The moment you dive into SEA you will smell the perfume of the galangal root, the lemongrass, ginger, tamarind, basil leaves... the sweetness of pineapple chunks and at the same time you will be taken by the contagious ambiance of our Bangkok inspired modern design with guest DJs spinning The Mezzanine lounge overlooking the High Line park and the more exclusive MOON ROOM lounge on the lower level. The exotic trendy cocktails will make it a complete experience and our team is committed to provide every patron with not only the best dining experience but also the best night-out.
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Great food, polite service, fun place and tasty drinks! Also nice upscale lounge upstairs "moon room" worthy staying for the party.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We visited SEA at Hallowe'en without a reservation and were seated quickly. There was a great atmosphere (apart from the obnoxious and loud young woman on the table next to us but that really wasn't SEA's fault and she left soon after we arrived) and the service was prompt.

The food was exceptionally good - my husband commented it was some of the best Thai food he had eaten outside Thailand which is praise indeed. The portions were incredibly generous as well.

The wine was slightly overpriced but there was a good selection.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I like this place. It offers the same menu and quality as the one in Brooklyn. I personally like the Brooklyn location better as it is bigger and it is easier to get a table. Unfortunately we did not make a reservation and had to wait over 1 hr to get a table.

Despite that, the food was very good (some dishes were slightly sweet), the staff were attentive, and the prices were very reasonable for this area.

Overall it is a great place if you are looking for good Thai food before clubbing in the meatpacking district.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

looking for a nice upscale place for thai, sea is the place for you. I have heard great reviews about the brooklyn location. The former restaurant was hi line thai. Sea has many options for vegetarians as well. Great food.

Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

I went with some friends for the first time on a week night, it was very busy so we waited for a table at the bar. I had one of the worst Caipirinhas' I've ever had while I waited but I understand its not a cocktail bar. We were seated soon after, and the food came fairly quickly. We all agreed it was delicious, slightly overpriced, but delicious. Then I found a huge chunk of metal in my food, I bit down on it really hard and could of really damaged my teeth. The waitress offered to get me a new dish but was really unapologetic. I had to remind her I could of choked, but she didn't care. My friend had also asked for a specific ingredient be left out of his meal, but that request was ignored! If they can charge as much as they do for food, then service needs to be better. If they know they are so busy, maybe they should employ some more staff. I'm sure they'd give better service if they weren't so rushed!