“Best chinese food in NYC”

Vanessa's Dumpling House
Ranked #806 of 13,763 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Chinese, Fast food
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Manhattan
Lugano, Switzerland
“Best chinese food in NYC”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I went to Vanessa's dumpling house in Chinatown several times during my stay in New York and I fell in love with it, cannot stop thinking about those tasty and juicy dumplings and buns and sesame pancakes (the best I had in my life). The food was outstanding, and I probably just tried one fourth of what they offer.
It is a must for the asian-food lovers who visit New York, totally recommended

• Visited October 2013

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Bologna, Italy
“Yes, their dumplings forever!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We ate dumplings at 10am, because we had not yet had breakfast. They have been fantastic, tasty, with a soft and crispy consistence. We have eaten so good dumplings only once in China. The place is simple but clean, and you can seat at one of their tables. The staff is lovely, even if not all of them speak American. The prices are risible. We suggest to you to go there at any time and order as more dumplings you can eat!

• Visited July 2014
“Crazy but good”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Hectic and your typical Chinatown style diner from anywhere in the world.

Dinner for $20...3 people, delicious fresh dumplings! A traveller's must!

Visited August 2014
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Very good dumplings, but...”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

...not worth a pilgrimage as these reviews suggest. Perhaps I've set my dumpling expectations too high, as I eat dumplings every chance I get. There are many restaurants all over NYC and throughout the country with dumplings as good or better. The best thing about this place is the low prices. The place is small, and dirty from high volume. There are lots of tourists who take a long time ordering.

• Visited August 2014
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unbelievable value!!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We went to Vanessa's for breakfast. Friends had the sesame pancake sandwiches which cost $2-3 each (big, and packed full of meat and veggies). They were delicious. I had the steamed red bean bun which was $1.25. I'm sure her dumplings are incredible too. We were just floored that we could eat really good food at those prices in NYC!

Visited July 2014