“Tapas!”
Review of El Quinto Pino

El Quinto Pino
Reserve with OpenTable
El Quinto Pino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,195 of 14,125 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Reviewed 4 December 2012

We went for the tapas and they delivered! This is a tiny bar with excellent tapas. Clearly intended for a younger crowd but not tooo loud or crowded when we were there. Very fun!

Reviewed 4 November 2012

We wanted a quick bite and a drink before we headed home. I ordered Pan Tomaca - garlic rubbed bread with tomato, sea salt, and olive oil. It was $5. Very tasty. I also ordered a Sangria. Not impressed. It came from a bottle and fruit was added. It was $8. I can get a bottle of Sangria from BJs for about that, maybe less. My sister-in-law and niece first ordered El Kano Remix (sherry, celery, and citrus) that was $10/ea. Eh. It was a mistake. They celery taste was very dominant. They then decided to order Rebujito (sherry, sprite, and a twist). These were $8/ea. I don't think they cared for these either as their glasses were half full when we left. The atmosphere was nice, but the drinks were lack luster.

Reviewed 5 August 2012

Sightseeing in New York, eventually dragged our feet to four different bars, all of which we rejected, then came across El Quinto Pino at about 5pm. They were doing a tv shot in the tiny interior. We apologised for intruding but if we could have a glass of wine....They in their turn apologised for not being able to host us better, but that wine would be no problem. I had a super dry white. In the tiny kitchenette the proprietor was cooking for the camera. Next thing she sent out croquetas for us! With our next drink we ordered olives and nuts as that wouldn't interfere with the kitchen's difficulties during the tv shoot. Next thing, they sent us out a tapa of braised tongue in tomato sauce. Wonderful! The barman treated us like old friends, the proprietor and the photographer were friendly and apologetic for all the work that was going on, whereas we were the ones who felt we should apologise for being in the way.
I normally make it a rule not to re-visit a bar or restaurant when I'm on holidays. I prefer to see as many different places as possible. However, I'm making an exception for El Quinto Pino. I'll be back before I leave New York. Hope they have the same staff on duty!
For some reason the address is not given in the TA heading. It's 401 West 24th St.

Reviewed 3 June 2012 via mobile

We love this place for a late night glass of red and a bite. Tiny bar/restaurant means its not for big groups but for a few small plates and wine post movie with great atmosphere it's perfect.

Reviewed 3 May 2012

love this place. went for tapas and drinks around 1030pm on a saturday and it was perfect, not too packed but good vibe. love that its small and dimly lit. you get the feel of a madrid tapas bar. food was good - menu could be a bit more adventurous but the crispy pig ears were excellent! also like the white marble bar and candles. great place to come with a date for a couple vinos and tapas. note - they do not have full liqour license but they offer vermouth drinks which are worth trying. the world needs more places like this.