“Great, authentic tapas”
Review of El Quinto Pino

El Quinto Pino
Reserve with OpenTable
El Quinto Pino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,597 of 14,202 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Great, tiny little tapas place -- definitely the most "authentically Spanish" tapas bar that I've been to in the city. The bar is a great place to stop by for a quick drink and pintxo. They just opened up a new addition with actual sit down tables and an expanded menu that is great as well if you're looking for a more traditional dinner.

El Quinto and its sister restaurant Txikito across the street are the two best tapas restaurants in town for my money.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

El quinto pino is one of the best wine bars in NYC and keeps improving. The recent expansion has added some much needed room without changing the character of the very charming front room. The wine and food selection remains outstanding. Great place to have a conversation.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

I gave a 5-stqr review for my first visit here. Although we were in NY for a short holiday, we were so impressed tha we returned. Another excellent experience. Austin, the barman/waiter was brilliant, as before. Welcoming, attentive, professional and fun. After my partner had returned to Europe, I came back to El quinto pino for a third time. Equally impressive experience.
Back again this year to NY for another holiday. Quite disappointed in EQP. the barman and waitress were friendly enough in a reactive rather than proactive way. They seemed more interested in chatting to themselves than relating to customers. Austin had decamped to San Francisco Hope all is going well for you there, Austin!) and it really dawned on the two of us how much the reputation of a small bar like this depends on its staff. I remember Austin saying how much he loved his work - and it showed. This time around, it was an ok bar with good tapas. If we had never been there before, I would probably have given it four stars. But the discrepancy between what it was and what it is pushes me into giving it a reluctant three.

Reviewed 4 December 2012

We went for the tapas and they delivered! This is a tiny bar with excellent tapas. Clearly intended for a younger crowd but not tooo loud or crowded when we were there. Very fun!

Reviewed 4 November 2012

We wanted a quick bite and a drink before we headed home. I ordered Pan Tomaca - garlic rubbed bread with tomato, sea salt, and olive oil. It was $5. Very tasty. I also ordered a Sangria. Not impressed. It came from a bottle and fruit was added. It was $8. I can get a bottle of Sangria from BJs for about that, maybe less. My sister-in-law and niece first ordered El Kano Remix (sherry, celery, and citrus) that was $10/ea. Eh. It was a mistake. They celery taste was very dominant. They then decided to order Rebujito (sherry, sprite, and a twist). These were $8/ea. I don't think they cared for these either as their glasses were half full when we left. The atmosphere was nice, but the drinks were lack luster.