“Been to NYC twice, been to Fat Cat twice.”
Review of Fat Cat

Fat Cat
Ranked #531 of 15,763 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: West Village
Reviewed 11 November 2017

During my first visit to NYC a friend recommended this place. On my second visit it was the only bar I retuned to from my first visit. They have a bunch of games like Pool, Ping Pong and Shuffle Board. They have board games and live music as well. A nice selection of beers, although no liquor. It's underground so from the outside you basically just see the door. It isn't hard to find though. I'll end up here again next time I'm in NYC. It's a tradition for me now!

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Fat Cat is a brilliantly fun place - Jazz, Shuffleboard, Pool, Table Football and Ping Pong all under one roof. And, rare for Manhattan these days, inexpensive drinks. We had a great time at this bar and would definitely return.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

My wife, daughter and I decided to catch some live jazz while vacationing in NYC. I discovered the Fat Cat while reading tripadvisor and it sounded like a good place to visit. It actually doubles as a bar/games room and music venue which my daughter thought was really cool. The cover charge is only $3 and you're guaranteed to hear some excellent musicians since you are in New York City. There is a constant hum of noise in the background when listening to the music and thus the 4 instead of 5 stars but nothing a few brew can't take care of and the couches to sit on are right in front of the band so you are nice and close to the performance. Check it out, Cats!

1  Thank Dan M
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

We visited in a group of ten on weekday night. Booking the tables was tricky but we had a great time on the shuffle board tables. It's basically a basement so no frills, but good choice of beers. Loads of other stuff like ping pong, foosball, pool and live jazz. What's not to like?

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

This is a place for younger adults, a small jazz music scene surrounded by billiards and all sorts of other games, lively, cosy, noisy, buzzy and serves cheap bear. Would probably love that with a squad, perhaps could easily be a regular.

My husband also enjoyed the enthusiasm of the band.