“good place !”
Review of Natsumi

Natsumi
Reserve with OpenTable
Natsumi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #443 of 14,525 Restaurants in New York City
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Broadway + 8th Avenue
Transit: Subways: C E, 1, B D F V
Reviewed 9 October 2013

very nice place to eat some japanese/italian fusion food in NYC
special mention for the quality of sushi and sashimi
fair prices and cheese on cake some live music on the lounge side
well situated in the middle of time square

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We had pre-theater reservations on a Saturday night. We ordered a ton of sushi and it was all OK but nothing I'd return for because I "had to have it" from there.
The fish was cut a little thin and large. We ordered clams on the promise they weren't raw, I can't eat raw shellfish for medical reasons, and they were served fried but sitting on a shell (raw) in its (raw) juice. I just skipped it but what were they thinking?!
When we finished our meal and paid the bill, we each had to use the restroom, there was only one actually in the restaurant so we took turns while the bill was settled. It was during this time a very harried host (not our waitress) began running over & glaring at us every minute. I finally asked him if there was a problem and he became even more flustered. He muttered something about checking tables and ran off, only to continue to glare at us from across the restaurant. When we left, less than 10 minutes after settling the bill, he couldn't have been happier. He practically shoved us out the door while escorting the next party to the table. I will do him a favor and not return. We were in the restaurant just barely an hour beginning to end. For $300 I expected better sushi and way better service.

1  Thank Lyn M
Reviewed 6 October 2013

If you are after genuine Japanese cuisine this is certainly not the place for you! Greeted by the smell of grease and off fish I should have walked out before sitting down but hunger and politeness kept me there. The sushi was not fresh, the waiter was creepy and there was not a single Japanese staff in the place. My wife and I left after half the meal. If you want proper Japanese go to sushi yasuda instead...

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Stopped for drinks and some appetizers before a show. Colorful creative drinks with some very good Rolls. Also had the mini tacos with salmon and tuna. Very good flavorful treats.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Visited last Friday after a show. Had mussels, a couple of sushi rolls, and the most obnoxious waitor who ultimately chased us down the street claiming I had not left enough cash. Instead of a confrontation, I gave him another twenty. I am 120% certain that he scammed me as he was bizarre throughout our meal. Ruined dinner. Food was average, atmosphere nice, but STAY AWAY.

1  Thank Smarie43