“Very nice neighborhood restaurant”
Review of Via Emilia

Via Emilia
Reserve with OpenTable
Via Emilia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,991 of 14,211 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Flatiron District
Transit: 23rd Street (6 Train), 14th Street-Union Square Station (N,Q,R,W Trains, L Train, 4,5,6 Trains)
Description: For over 10 years, Via Emilia has been providing the Gramercy/ Flatiron neighborhoods with quality home-style Northern Italian cuisine. The authentic fare includes fresh-daily pastas, locally sourced vegetables and meats, as well as regional specialties like Modenese lasagna and Borlengo mountain bread. Our wine list focuses on Emilia-Romagnan wines, and boasts the largest selection of Lambruscos in the US. Whether you are looking to book a large party or an intimate dinner, Via Emilia can accommodate your needs.
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Quite innovative pastas. Vingole not that distinctive. But other pastas we had were great. Service and prices are good.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Went to this great restaurant because it had good reviews on TA. It was super. My husband had the lasagna modena style and I had the gnocchi special with truffle butter. Both were excellent. The owner comes around and talks to all the guests and he is from Modena Italy. For dessert, he recommended the flour less chocolate cake with a sweet marsapone cheese topping which was more like light whipped cream. It is one of the best desserts we have had. Since I am italian, i appreciate wonderful Northern Italian food.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Visited Via Emilia as a relatively local reasonably rated Italian. We chose Modena Lasagne and Spaghetti. The food was simple but nothing stand-out and is not somewhere I would put on a revisit list. Having said that there was nothing wrong.
The place lacks a bit of atmosphere and with a large glass window and tables along the side felt more like a shop or diner than a restaurant.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

This was truly one of the best meals we've had in years. The reviews, here and elsewhere, were almost all 5 star, and Via Emilia deserves even more.
The Tortellinis, salads, Gnocco Frito, and lasagne were magnificently fresh and delicious. Service and ambience matched the food.
We will be back, and recommend it to anyone who loves good food.

Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

I miss Modena. I must have been there close to 100 times for business. Now that I have changed my job, I haven't been there for about four years. The food is what I missed the most.
Now that I've had the best salumi outside of Italy at Via Emilia, I feel much better. Gnocco Fritto was warm and tender. Chasing all that goodness with a bottle of (reasonably-priced) Lambrusco was great.
The only criticism for ther menu is that it was missing parmegiano reggiano with aceto balsamico (preferably extra vecchio)
This place is now one of the places I stop by every time in the neighborhood!