“Another nice stay...”

Ranked #296 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Chicago, IL
“Another nice stay...”
Reviewed 16 April 2011

This was my second stay at Hampton Inn Manhattan-Soho, and again I say that I love this place.

The staff - all the staff - could not be more friendly , helpful and welcoming. I love the location - a short walk to the West Village and Soho. The rooms are nicely designed and very comfortable, and for NYC they are not too tiny like other hotels where I've stayed. The rest of the hotel - lobby, breakfast room, bar, elevators, hallways - also has that fresh, new, stylish look. I very much enjoyed the fitness center in the basement this time - and it seemed to be my secret hideout as I was the only person ever down there. And, it's nice to grab some coffee or juice or a banana in the breakfast room, even if you are a late riser and miss breakfast.

One story: my second day there I was shopping on Broadway and got caught in a torrential downpour so ran back to the hotel. Upon entering my room, the housekeeper was IN the shower with it completely scrubbed up with bubbles, cleaning it. It was very nice to know that even after my one night, the bathroom/shower/room would be cleaned so completely thoroughly!

This time I had a room on a lower floor facing Watts Street - it was fine but there was some traffic noise, and not much of a view. I preferred the high-floor room in the back (with an awesome view) that I had during my previous stay.

This is a great hotel, and if the rate is right, you can't go wrong! I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
arthurcheung, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-SoHo, responded to this review, 6 May 2011
Dear keithb789:

Thank you for being a repeat guest and for sharing your feedback with us. We strive to provide a consistent guest experience each and everytime for guests in hopes of retaining their business. My team and I appreciate your business and look forward to the next time in servicing you again.

Arthur Cheung

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
Ridgecrest, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 April 2011

I have taken college students on trips to New York at leats twice a year for over 10 years. We have almost always stayed at the Embassy Suites near the World Trade Center Site. Since that Hotel closed in January of this year I have been looking for another hotel. The great staff at the Embassy recommended the Hampton Inn on Watts Street in Soho, I tried it out in March. I was very pleased. The great location, the majestic city views from our very clean room, the fine breakfast, and most impiortant, the very friendly and helpful staff, encouraged me to bring my group of 30 college students for a week in June and for a week in December. Mr John Solema, the Sales Coordinator, was superb in helping me organize my future stays, The hotel manager also was very helpful The fron desk staff was amazing. Tiana Hayward recommended restaurants and stores in the area. In fact we mentioned her name at one of the area's restaurants and received a 20% discount and free fantastic dersts for my wife and for me. Amanda and the gentlemen at the front desk were also knowedgeable about Soho and did everything possible to make our stay so enjoyable. Although I will miss the Embassy Suites, I do look forward to our many future stays at the Hampton Inn in Soho.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in upper floors with a view
1 Thank Masterdon
Dear masterdon:

First, I would like to thank you for being a loyal Hilton family of brands guest. I'm sorry to hear that the Embassy Suites Battery Park closed it s doors but I am glad that you have given us the opportunity to provide you with your lodging needs. I have shared you compliments with John Solema and Tiana Hayward, they were very happy to know that they were able to make your experience more enjoyable. Thank you for the opportunity in servicing you and look forward to your return again.

Carlsbad, California
Reviewed 6 April 2011

After staying at the Hampton Inn SoHo during the 2010 Christmas holiday and having a wonderful experience (see previous review), I booked it again for a recent overnight stay for my wife's birthday. Though it was not as long as our first stay, the short time we were there was just as good as we remembered. Jay was helpful both on the phone and in person, the room was clean and was larger than normal for a Manhattan hotel (with a clear view of the Empire State Building), they gave me a military discount, and the location cannot be beat. I used parking this time, which was $35/day with their affiliated garage, which is about two blocks away. Not cheap, but reasonable, I suppose. Again, more details in my previous review, but I wanted to note that their good work is consistent and I will absolutely stay there again and again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Dublin
Reviewed 6 April 2011

I stayed here with a friend for 3 nights. We had previously stayed in 4 and 5 star hotels uptown but wanted to stay in the Soho area this trip. We loved the place. The staff were great (we were given cookies when we checked in). The location was great - shopping just a 5 minute walk, great restaurants nearby. They have a breakfast buffet in the morning and coffee and juice available all day. Our room was a good size and the beds were extremely comfortable. The bar in the hotel is open in the evenings and very nice. Free access to computers and printer in the lobby if you need to check in for a flight. We will definitely stay here again when back in New York.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Providence, RI
Reviewed 30 March 2011

We really enjoyed our stay here. The staff was very friendly and accommodating from check-in to check-out. The property in general was very clean and well maintained. Loved the roof deck at sunset. They also have a nice sunroom/breakfast area off the lobby where they serve breakfast in the a.m.. Hot food wasn't very good but enjoyed the waffels, fresh fruit, bagels, etc.. They also serve coffee/tea there all day, which was nice. The room was smallish, as expected,but very clean. We were on the 18th floor so no trouble with noise from Watts St. which is very busy at rush since it is the entrance to the Holland Tunnell. The only thing that bothered my sleep was the loud HVAC sytem.
The hotel is in a great location...walking distance to close to many restaurants, shopping, and the red line which we used to get up and downtown.
We would definitley stay here again

1 Thank mad40Providence_RI
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 23 March 2011

The value of the Hampton Inn Soho is fantastic, and I almost want to keep quiet lest they double their prices to match their level of service! This is the first NYC hotel I have returned to after visiting the city well over 15 times. The location is excellent for Soho life as well as for a quick Sunday escape to Newark airport. Every member of staff is friendly, polite and helpful. Beds are a very personal thing, but I find Hampton beds very comfortable. The blue and red subway lines are a short block away from the front door, making moving around the city pretty straightforward. Breakfast room is busy, but well stocked with fast moving staff. The elevators are occasionally a bit of a wait due to how popular the place is, but for lower floors the stairs are fine to use.
Generally I am not a fan of chain hotels, preferring a more individual touch, but the Hampton Inn Soho provides exactly that. I especially want to thank Ginnia who was a ray of sunshine everytime we saw her. She's a credit to the hotel!

1 Thank Googlehead
arthurcheung, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-SoHo, responded to this review, 19 April 2011
Dear Googlehead,

Thank you for taking the time out to send us your positive experience about the Hampton Inn Manhattan Soho. I am glad to hear that we have exceeded your expectations. My team takes pride in exceeding our guests needs each and everytime. The hotel does have easy access to the red and blue line subway access to midtown and lower Manhattan. I hope that the next time you are in the New York City, we look forward to servicing you again. Ginnia was also very happy to know that you complimented on her service. Thank you again for your patronage.

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 13 March 2011

Fantastic Location, Great staff, clean rooms, and larger rooms for NYC. My friend and I stayed for 3 nights for a girls weekend away and we both couldn't say enough positive things about this hotel. Ginnia at the front desk was great and very helpful. We stayed on the third floor, not street front and the room was quite. I read reviews on having a higher floor but I found no problem with the 3rd floor. When we return we will be staying at the Hampton Inn for sure.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
arthurcheung, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-SoHo, responded to this review, 17 March 2011
Dear smilesaam,

I would like to personally thank you for sending us your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us. I will also let Ginnia know of your positive comments about her. Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Manhattan-Soho and we look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Art Cheung