“Great location, friendly helpful staff.”

Hampton Inn Manhattan-SoHo
Ranked #296 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“Great location, friendly helpful staff.”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

You can't beat the location of this hotel. It's down a quiet street but just off Broadway in Soho. The staff were very friendly and helpful and allowed me to check in early - which you very rarely get in the more expensive hotels.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KleinV54, Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-SoHo, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear siobhanb838,

Thank you for being a guest of ours. We are glad we were able to exceed your expectations and allow you that early check in that does make all the difference after your long travels. Your feedback means a lot to us and we are glad you had a pleasant stay.

Guest Service MAnager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
Emilyspinach
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I always stay at this hotel when I come to NY to see family. The hotel is two blocks from a main subway station. It is very close to a lot of great restaurants and shopping. The staff is always friendly and helpful. I feel safe coming back to the hotel alone even at night because it is off a busy street. I just booked a room for April and look forward to coming back.

Room Tip: Just ask to see the room first to see if it's to your liking. Any good hotel should comply.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear EmilySpinach,

Thank you kindly for sharing such positive feedback about our hotel. Just as you said, any good hotel should comply to even a request such as assuring your room is up to your standards and we are glad that was the case. Thank you for acknowledging our staff, I will be sharing your feedback with them as they will be delighted to hear great feedback. See you soon in April, hoping to continue making you a return guest!

Province of Corrientes, Argentina
Reviewed 12 March 2014

It was my first time in NYC and I chose this Hotel because it has a very nice rate and a very good location! We stayed in the top floor, it has a great view of the city!
There is also a roof where you can go and have some drinks and meet people for all over the world!
The night audit guy, I don't remember his name anymore, but he was awesome! very helpful and a great buddy, he deserves a raise for sure!
The only thing that I am not giving a 5 stars it's just because the guy who is in charge of the breakfast was kind of rude, and there is just one restroom in the lobby area, and many people wanted to get in when I just came!
Nothing else to complain about this place! It was awesome, I had a wonderful days with my girlfriend and we made friends at the roof, I'm looking forward to go back there someday!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ChrisRam
Dear ChrisRam,

Thank you for taking time our in sharing your thoughts. Your feedback is very much appreciated and weather negative or positive we love to hear back from our guests as we can focus on knowing where we are doing greatly and where we may need improvement. It truly sounds like you had a wonderful stay here especially this being your first time in NYC and I am glad that was the case. Our apologies about the issue you mentioned at breakfast time as that is not the kind of impression we like to leave on our guests, we can assure you that will be avoided in the future. Regardless I am pleased to know how much you enjoyed yourself, please feel free to reach out to me on your next trip as I would like to make it an better one for you.

Falls church, United States
Reviewed 6 March 2014

It is my second time in this hotel, very close to the Soho, and the Subway, a lot of good resturant in the area. the Hotel stuff are very nice, you get free breakfast, nice showers and rooms, very clean. we drove to NY, and there were a lot of free parking in the area, not meter or restrictions, Highly recomended.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Ofir G
Dear Ofir G,

Thank you for being a return guest and thank you for sharing the great feedback. We are glad that to hear that you found our hotel accommodating as we understand how those added complimentary amenities make all the difference. We are also happy to know that you took advantage of the street parking the city allows on weekends, surely can save you a pretty penny. We hope to see you again, soon. Thanks for being our guests.

Regards,

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I recently landed at this Hampton Inn in Soho after a horrid midtown Hilton experience. The manager was amazing and could see I was stressed. His first question to me was, "how can I work to make your day better".

For the price this hotel cannot be beat! Great location and comfy bed, plus unexpected amazing views of NYC. Ask for the 16-19th floor facing the city, you won't be disappointed.

I want to take a second to remark on the staff. At EVERY turn the people there were so nice and it was quite genuine. From the front desk staff, to management, to the bartender and housekeepers....I felt like it was a very positive place to work/visit.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor facing Downtown.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Lisa M
KleinV54, Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-SoHo, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear LisaMMe,

So great to hear back from you. I recall exactly who you are as I remember your mention about the previous location you were in. I was hoping to be able to turn things around for you and I am glad you were able to experience the Hamptonality from the Hampton Inn Soho. I will surely commend our staff for their efforts and hopefully we become your choice of hotel next time your in the NYC area. Thank you for your kind feedback!

Bumpass, United States
Reviewed 3 March 2014

This hotel is very clean and a nice place to stay. It is more spacious than expected and the beds are really comfortable. On went on business with a group and we all enjoyed the stay. Everyone was comfortable. The complimentary breakfast made it an excellent value.... We did not have to go out to find breakfast and it was a good, healthy start to the day.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Shonnie C,

It's great hearing back from you after staying with us. Knowing that you took the time to share such a great review about our hotel makes us proud to have been able to provide the hospitality you deserve. Your comfort is our purpose and I hope you remember us the next time your in town. Glad to have made you and your group happy about staying at Hampton Inn Soho.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I booked the Hampton Inn after a bad AirBnb experience. I booked in the morning and was there in a few hours and the front desk could not have been more helpful (I was there hours before "check in"). The room and bathroom were both a great size for my 5 day stay. It is on a quiet street but only takes a few minutes to walk to Canal St or Broadway. The room was a great price topped with a view of the Empire State Building! I only went to breakfast once and it felt a little like a cattle call with the amount of people trying to get through, but the spread was a lot better than I expected.

For the price this hotel is definitely a winner! It made my trip and I would definitely go back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dear Anna P,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Soho. Sorry to hear about your experience with your previous attempts but we are glad to have been the pleasant surprise to turn things around. We love hearing the great feedback and really appreciate you sharing your thoughts about your 5 day stay with us. Thank you for being our guest, hope to see you return!