“Spring Break Get Away”

Ranked #296 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Bedford, United States
“Spring Break Get Away”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My 16 year old daughter and I took a mini vacation to the city and this hotel was good for what we needed; small and comfy. Staff was friendly and no city noise as we were on the 15th floor. Very nice complimentary hot breakfast. Wish check in was earlier and check out later. Location was great, close to everything we wanted to be close to

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KleinV54, Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-SoHo, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Kari,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Soho during your trip here with your daughter. To know that during spring break our hotel delivered to you and your daughters satisfaction makes us proud and we hope we are the choice hotel for future stays. Perhaps on your next visit you can give our front desk a call requesting an early check-in and you can bet we will give it our best shot. Hoping to see you return!

Guest Service Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The Hampton Inn Manhattan-Soho staff were just incredible. Very helpful, knowledgeable on what to see, how to get around, suggested restaurants. We will be returning to this particular hotel the next time we are in NYC. Thank you very much!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KleinV54, Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-SoHo, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear tlcharbonneau,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback about your current stay with us. We focus on achieving the satisfaction of each and every one of our guest's and we are glad to know how much you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to compliment our staff. Hoping to see you return in the near future.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I visit NYC 20+ times a year; this hotel had more wrong than any other $300+ hotel I have stayed in. For instance

- carpet has a gross sticky feeling to it
- internet didn't work when I got to my room; had to call down to get it working (not a huge deal but this is an annoyance)
- bathroom door locked behind me from the inside; I had to call down to get someone to unlock it. this was a first
- no full length shades - I hope you like to get up at sunrise
- bathroom got soaked when I showered due to shower curtain that wasn't big enough for the shower

all in all, this was the worst $300+ room I have stayed in in Manhattan, and I have stayed in more than 25. Won't be coming back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank pokerken
arthurcheung, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-SoHo, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Pokerken,

Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input as a frequent traveler to the city and we will keep your comments on our guestroom appointment and value in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town and let us know how we are doing.

Philadelphia, United States
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I've been an Honors member for many years now, and was a Diamond member for the longest time. Currently I'm a Gold member, only because my travel has somewhat diminished over the last couple of years. This Hampton Inn was a bit of a disappointment for me, and my wife to a certain extent. I make this statement based solely upon my long term experience with Hampton Inn over the last 18 years. Although the front-desk staff was legitimately busy upon our arrival, I do not believe they were handling "eb-and-flow" of the front desk activity level, all that well. They were all very pleasant and sincere but it did take longer than I believe it should have to get checked in as an Honor's member, or any guest for that matter. Not judging anyone, just making statements based upon observation. This was not my first experience with a busy front-desk I assure you. The hotel was supposedly just recently refurbished top to bottom, and you could tell that it was a recent renovation, sporting a refreshed decor. However, the furnishings in the room were already showing wear and tear, which surprised me, in light of the hotels recent renovations. I am not naive in my thinking and have traveled throughout the entire country for the last 25 years. As a result of my a long career on the road, I am clear about the fact that this specific hotel is in fact located in NYC, and handles more guests in a week than many Hampton locations handle in a month. But this operation has to and must do a better job, I believe. Additionally, I can't really complain about the rate I was charged, but only when compared to the going rates for other national chains including some other Hilton properties within NYC. However for the money we spent I just felt as if this specific Hilton property fell short with regard to keeping the promise. I understand that no one's perfect, and I also understand on some occasions, certain hotels may experience a bad week, or might be overwhelmed with a over-booked hotel. But after years and years and years of business travel staying 75% of the time at Hampton Inn properties, this location did not do it for me. Not completely dissatisfied mind you, but in the end I would never stay at this property again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

arthurcheung, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-SoHo, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Jeffrey,

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is truly important to us because it helps us to realize both our strengths and weaknesses from our guests' point of view. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations throughout your stay and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed your expectations. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you visit the city so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights totaling $2000+ for a below average room. They wouldn't even let us have a later checkout without paying for another night. Greedy people and a gross "complimentary breakfast"

1 Thank chelsea l
arthurcheung, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-SoHo, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Chelsea,

Thank you for your review. We do all we can to create a great experience for each of our guests; actively looking for ways keep costs low and offer enhanced services for comfort and convenience. I appreciate your review as it provides valuable feedback and the next time you are in the area, please consider staying with us again.

Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Who is looking for something valuable and knows what to expect for his money – this is the place to go to. The personal is friendly, tries always to fulfill the customer needs, acts promptly on any request and is helpful, when asked for directions or even a good place to eat out. We've spent four nights here and didn't regret anything. We've had a room on the 5th floor facing north which was very calm and exactly what we've been looking for.

Room Tip: room 509 facing north –nothing to see but very quiet
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
KleinV54, Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-SoHo, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Dear urbanwinner,

Thank you so much for passing by on TripAdvisor to share your Hampton experience in SOHO. Our team appreciates your acknowledgement about our friendliness as we focus on achieving excellent customer service experience. We hope to see you return more often, thank you for being our guest.

Best,

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I found the Hampton SOHO after looking at AirBNB alternatives for about the same money. For just a few blocks farther away, the free breakfast, fast internet and Hampton service made the decision an no brainer.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KleinV54, Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-SoHo, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Ross B,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Soho. We are glad to have been the choice accommodation during your stay - offering complimentary amenities and personable service which AirBNB may not offer. More importantly, value is always just as essential and we are pleased to have delivered. Come stay with us again soon!