“Only good thing was the location”

Hampton Inn Manhattan-SoHo
Ranked #294 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Sao Paulo, SP
“Only good thing was the location”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

My teenager daughter and I spent four nights for vacation. The only positive thing about the hotel was the location. Wifi was extremely slow, the room was noisy (loud and dusty AC), and the room not as clean as the typical Hampton Inn standard. Also, when I checked in, the rate for two of the nights were $100 per night more than when I reserved the room. A front desk personnel did fix the difference, but had I not noticed it I would have been charged $200 more. Parking was $30 per day, self-parking, few blocks from the property - I suppose that is a fair price for a hotel in Manhattan. I would not go back to this hitel again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
arthurcheung, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-SoHo, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Spsuz,

Arthur Cheung

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
Brighton, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed here for 3 days on business because of the location, upon arriving I noticed the floor (already pretty small floorspace) was soaking wet. The AC had been leaking before I arrived and the carpet covering half of the room was completely soaked and getting moldy. I wasn't able to move until the last night of my stay, the staff was very accommodating once they did change my room but the first couple of nights were pretty bad.

Room Tip: Wifi is painfully slow and my iron was broken
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
arthurcheung, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-SoHo, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Jon Q:

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Manhattan SoHo. I would like to apologize for your first two nights during stay. The issue with the air conditioner has been resolved and we are in the process of upgrading our bandwith. Thank you for your comments and I hope you will allow us the opportunity to service you in the future.

Columbia, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This was a great trip! The Front Office Supervisor (don't remember his name, sorry!!) was AMAZING. No exaggeration! We arrived well before check-in because we wanted to explore the city as much as we could. He helped us check our bags so we didn't have to carry them all around the City. Then, we were able to check-in around 2:00 pm. Great efficiency by the staff. The room was great. The bathroom was BEAUTIFUL (room 908). The roof top terrace is very nice. Then at check-out, we did not fly out until 7:00 pm. The FOS allowed us to check our bags again so we could do some more exploring. Over all a great trip for my husband and I.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

arthurcheung, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-SoHo, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Sabrina G:

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Manhattan SoHo. I am gald to see that you had a pleasant experience at the hotel. Thank you for sharing your positive feedback for others to see what a wonderful hotel we are. We hope to service you in the future. Thank you again!

Mt Dora, FL
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Hotel is in a great location. Rooms are small but most rooms are these days. Looked to me like the sitting chair had not been vacuumed in a while - other than that the room was clean. Breakfast, part of the deal here is OK - nothing special - fruit, eggs and good breads etc.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Bill S:

Sandy Hook, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Spent the night in the city with our family. The room was small but efficient. Everything clean. Was concerned about it being so close to Holland Tunnel, but was a non factor. Good location to get around Soho and the Village, and easy to the subways. Fantastic complimentary breakfast sealed the deal.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KleinV54, Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-SoHo, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Nick P,

Thank you so much for the feedback about your recent stay with us. As busy as a city NYC can be I can understand why traffic may always be a concern but we are happy to know that was definitely not the case for you. Glad you enjoyed our deluxe continental breakfast with hot entrees as a complimentary plus for all of our guests and we hope that all the positives you experienced bring you back the next time around.

Penn Yan, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My fiancé and I felt that the Hampton Inn was a great place to stay and it was among the lowest prices we could find in the Manhattan-SoHo area. The room was very clean and comfortable. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Laura B,

Thank you for being a recent guest of ours. We are glad to have been the hotel choice while you were in NYC and that you found value in us. We hope you and your fiance remember us the next time your in town as we would love to host your stay again.

Zurich
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We chose this hotel because of it's location. The rooms are very small which is normal for NYC, I guess. I like that you can get tea or coffee for free downstairs anytime. What I did not like is that the shower doesn't work well. If you want hot water, you will just get a drip. In time, it's possible to wash the shampoo out of your hair and eyes but by that time, you will already be mad.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank cat_in_zurich
KleinV54, Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-SoHo, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear cat_in_zurich ,

Thank you for being a current guest of ours. We are glad you were happy with our hotels location as this is just as important as accommodation. I am truly sorry about your experience with hot water and am hopeful that during your stay we had the chance to address the issue as our staff is dedicated in providing you service and assistance 24/7. We hope we have the chance to host your stay again in the future and thank you for being our guest.