“Ok good, but major service problems.”

Southern Hospitality BBQ
Reserve with OpenTable
Southern Hospitality BBQ is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,235 of 13,748 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$14 - US$25
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: 45th Street
Transit: We are a few blocks away from Times Square and the Port Authority. The following subways lines stop nearby: A, C, E, 1, 2, 3 N, R, M, S
Description: SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY is an authentic Memphis-Style BBQ restaurant and bar. We boast some of the finest southern food found this side of the Mason Dixon Line. We feature traditional specialties including Dry Rubbed BBQ Ribs, Sweet and Sticky Baby Back Ribs, Crispy Southern Fried Chicken, Fried Pickles, and Mac & Cheese that you'll never forget. Our Southern fare is complimented by juicy corn fed Steaks, grilled jumbo Gulf Shrimp with Rosemary Grits, and lighter fare like our Watercress and Praline Salad, and Grilled Salmon with Black Eyed Peas. In addition to our fine cuisine, we offer a full line of draft beers, an extensive list of sipping tequilas, and over 50 of the Country's finest Bourbons. World renown wine expert, Gary Vaynerchuk, has hand selected an eclectic wine list that pairs beautifully with our diverse menu.
“Ok good, but major service problems.”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

The BBQ was decent, but not all that great. I could put that aside, but I had some of the same problems others have reported. Our server was not particularly attentive and very slow. They said their credit card machine wasn't working and they did a manual carbon copy (like somebody else reported). Now I've discovered that they double charged my card for an amount greater than my bill. Now I have to go to the hassle of contesting the charge.

The food was mediocre. I ordered the beef brisket with collard greens and corn bread. The brisket was alright, the greens were good, but the corn bread was terrible. It was hard as a rock.

I would advise any thinking of eating here to avoid it. It's pretty clear that they have little to no interest in serving their customers. It's a pity, because it could be decent with a little more effort.

• Visited July 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Durham, North Carolina, United States
“Pretty good BBQ”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Yes, this is owned by Justin Timberlake, but it's not cheesy. The food was pretty good (and totally unhealthy) and the prices weren't outrageous for the area. We went for a late lunch, so it wasn't too crowded.

Visited June 2014
Austin, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Atmosphere, Amazing Service, Food quality was just on Par”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I'm from Texas, I know good barbecue. My wife and I figured we'd try this place out for lunch last week since it was near where we were staying, and we really liked the atmosphere. The restaurant had a great vibe, the staff was super friendly, and our waiter was EXCELLENT. The food was decent - I had the pulled pork sandwich. It was good, but it wasn't anything out of this world, or worth $14. It didn't wow me, but I enjoyed the meal. A good place to go if you're hungry and want a good atmosphere and good service, but as far as being blown away by the quality, it wouldn't be my number one choice. I would go back though.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jared W
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Nothing special but good food”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We chose it because Justin Timberlake owns it, and wanted to see what it was all about.
It's no more than a 10 minute walk from Times Square, has ample seating, is child friendly and you are greeted with a warm welcome.

The staff helped us with menu choices as I haven't really eaten 'southern food' before. Long story short, I don't like southern food but my other half does and he said the ribs were nothing special but still good.
I can vouch for the fried chicken and deviled eggs - very tasty.

It was reasonably priced for NYC.

Visited May 2014
“YUM!”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This was a great little restaurant. The food was fantastic. I wouldn't go here for health food but if you want comfort food it is amazing. We had barbecue, mac n cheese, tater tots and sweet tea. Oh and then dessert which was also terrific.

• Visited April 2014