“Hello Happy Hour!”
Review of The Mermaid Inn

The Mermaid Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Mermaid Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #342 of 14,744 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed 8 March 2017

Nothing screams Happy Hour like $1 Oysters on the half shell with a delicious Prosecco & Mermaid Inn has got it going on. The Oysters and the cozy atmosphere alone is worth the visit.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

While I love a hip and modern setting for a restaurant, in NYC this was refreshing. It was really cozy, but still bustling and busy. The food was excellent. Wanted to bring a friend to a seafood place and he loved it. I'm allergic and had the steak and it was excellent. Great cocktails too. If you are a dessert lover you should consider someplace else - they don't have dessert menus! But the do offer, free, a small pot de cream which was a delicious way to end the meal!

1  Thank Hilary N
Reviewed 21 February 2017

I had read about this restaurant on a flight whilst the woman in front of me was goggling it. It was really nice and the cocktails were great and the food was good. It was a bit noisy and there was a BABY in there that does my head in a little but i am just strange. It also needs a dessert menu.

1  Thank DENNIS C
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

When we first got to the restaurant, the bar was packed and I was initially discouraged, but it's actually a more spacious restaurant than it appears from the street. It is a seafood restaurant, it will not disappoint in that respect. Oysters are a particular feature of this restaurant. There are fish options, but they can be limited. Everything was made perfectly, and the waitstaff was really attentive. It was a bit noisy, but not more than any other restaurant these days. Despite all of the qualifiers I am providing, the food was terrific and I definitely would go again.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

This place was a last minute choice, but I'm so glad we we were able to snag a table. It happened to be happy hour 5 - 7 pm, and the prices were a pleasant surprise. The food was great and the atmosphere was even better. I highly recommend this place.