“Get the crab appetizer - seriously.”
Review of Copper Chimney - CLOSED

Copper Chimney
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Manhattan
Reviewed 25 August 2013

What a great Indian experience in NYC - amazing food!!! We had a lot of the chef's choices and they were great. Hello Mango Chicken and Saag Lamb!!!!

Reviewed 25 August 2013

4 days into New York and my unabashedly Indian vegetarian tummy was begging for mercy and I had to be kind ....Off we went to 28th / Lexington to Copper Chimney... The buffet was really good. The best part was the nan's ..really good. Dal, Rice, Nan ... the combo that does not usually let you down was really good at Copper Chimney .... the dessers were ok, but the main spread is something i will surely go back to anytime ..... a good lunch and a long walk back to 42nd on a sunny but pleasant New York afternoon was all one needed for a good nap :-)

Enjoy your meal at CC, folks...

Vandana S, Owner at Copper Chimney, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you.The vegetarians are very important and we do have an extensive vegetarian menu.Please do help us by recommending it to your family and friends.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Went with a small group of friends. They are Indian and recommended the place.
I was very satisfied with the food. Got a Chicken Tandoori and was very happy with the taste and the quality of the food. My Indian friends all loved the food (and I guess this means something).
Staff is very friendly and attentive.
Nice atmosphere - not too crowded, so you can have good conversations without having to speak loudly.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

Just returned from the Copper Chimney on 28th E NYC. Really easy to get to as metro takes you a tiny walk away. Had an Indian in Washington DC recently so want holding out much hope as that time was bland over priced and nothing like the kind of curries we get back in the uk. Copper chimney was completely different. Arrive and although not many people in there decided to go in and we ordered for starters , chicken 65 and crab tava. Really good and plenty of good spicing you could taste. For main my husband asked them to make chicken jalfrezi (as only shrimp on menu) = no problem and I had chicken chettinad which I make at home, asked them to make it extra hot. Both mains come with rice anyway, and a garlic naan. They were both very very good.
Heaps of flavour and prefect heat, v hot ! Naan was a thin crispy one not the doughy kind. We both really enjoyed it and my husband said it was like the way jalfrazis used to be made (he's from Dundee). They staff were really friendly too and the venue clean and welcoming. I would highly recommend if you want a very good curry where each curry taste different not a looks the same rates the same job. Bill was really good to which helps! Two starters two mains, one naan and 3 beers came to $73. Well done copper chimney you really made our night thank you :-)

Thank you.Please help us by recommending Copper Chimney to your friends and family.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

My experience was very good at this restaurant. The service was fast and friendly, and the food was very good. I would have no issues going here again when in New York.

Vandana S, Owner at Copper Chimney, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review on Trip Advisor .Please recommend us to your friends and visit us again.