“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Destino - CLOSED

Destino
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: 50th Street
Transit: Lexington and 53rd Street Station: E or 6 Train
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

We used a Travelzoo coupon for a group of 3 people. The female greeter at the restaurant was very rude and first told us we didn't have a reservation when we actually did, then asked us if we had a coupon and told us it wasn't valid for 3 people. I had the paperwork and showed it to her that we paid for dinner for 4. I believe it was an owner / manager who then came over when he saw she was giving us a hard time and smoothed things over and seated us right away at a nice table by the window. The food was delicious and the waiter was wonderful and attentive. They gave us the 4th meal to go and we ate it back in our room the next day. It was walking distance right around the corner from the Marriott Eastside. If you are planing to go to NYC soon, check Travelzoo and see if this local deal is sill available. It was an awesome deal.

Visited July 2012

New York City, New York
“Will not go back again.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

From the reviews, I had high hopes for this restaurant. My experience was very disappointing. I got a bloom spot voucher that comes with 1 appetizer, 2 salads, 2 pastas and 2 desserts. The pasta was awful. It wasn't cook through. I sent it back to cook it more tender and when it came back, it looked like it was just microwave for another 3 minutes.

Service was pretty bad also. The server wasn't polite nor he ever came to check on how we were doing. I had to get his attention in order for him to stop by.

Will definitely not go back again.

• Visited June 2012
New York City, New York
“It was all right”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

The pasta was OK, the tables were very tightly packed. The service is good though.

Visited March 2012
Brisbane, Australia
“Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

I went with a friend and we had an interesting experience...
The food was beautiful! I had cheese ravioli with vodka creme sauce and my friend had spaghetti bolognese. Both our meals were divine and the table service was perfect. I would definitely recommend this for couples/romantic occasions! It is a little expensive but worth it. My only criticism is that we felt uncomfortable at one point when we could hear our 2 wait staff, (one older, one younger) talking about us nearby, quite inappropriately! It was a bit of a shock really! But we put it down to another weird experience on our trip overseas! I would go here again next time I'm in New York (but I would take a man with me to avoid inappropriate comments!!)

• Visited February 2012
Grand Bay, Alabama
“Perfect Romantic Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

Took my wife here after a broadway show while in New York on a romantic weekend. The food was perfect, the service was perfect, everything about Destino's is perfect. My wife and i have been together 18 years and have had alot of weekend get aways and this was the best restaurant we have ever been to.

• Visited February 2012