“Consistent”

Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: 50th Street
Transit: Lexington and 53rd Street Station: E or 6 Train
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Visiting the restaurant again I find it very consistent in the quality of food, presentation and service. The antipasto Tuscano was excellent once more. My wife had a frutti di mare, however, and was disapointed. The only disaponiting plate since we have been visiting Destino. It was all fish with one shrimp and a few mussels. Other than that, everything very good.

1  Thank GrandeSanJuan

Reviewed 2 January 2013

Destino left a lot to be desired. My friend and I visited on a recent trip to Midtown. We had high hopes for this restaurant, but ultimately left with a mutual feeling of 'meh'.

We had three courses each: Appetizers were seafood salad (just okay) and Caesar salad (dressing was very oily and slimy). Main courses were chicken francese and fruitti di mare (seafood scampi). Neither of us were very impressed - both meals looked like something we could have easily made at home. Dessert was the Italian cheesecake, and we both have had better.

I can honestly say I've eaten at better Italian restaurants in dinky ol' Delaware, and that's pretty sad considering we were in NYC. I can say, though, that the restaurant decor was lovely and the server was very sweet.

Overall, I wouldn't necessarily recommend Destino.

Reviewed 16 December 2012

Destino is over by the U.N. Building on First Avenue. Good food and good value with a decent wine list is the best way to describe this place. The service is efficient and friendly. The fish and salads are particularly well prepared.

Reviewed 15 December 2012

What a lovely surprise this restaurant was. Our waitress was very attentive and friendly. Our appetizers were delicious (we wished they were larger), we had the Destino antipasto and the cold seafood plate, both outstanding. We also had Chicken Martini and Chicken Scarpiello, both excellent, full of flavor and fresh.
A must go to restaurant if you are in the city and looking for a good meal.

Reviewed 12 December 2012

I have already been to this restaurant and returned on Saturday Dec. 1. Spectacular! The place was packed at 8:30 and remained so, at least until I left past 10p.m. I had no reservation and went to the small bar to wait for a table. Ended up eating at the bar ( I was by myself ) where the service was very good. Again, I had the antipasto and it was spectacular. Do not miss it and you can share as it is plenty big. The meat balls are also big and you need to share if you want to eat dinner.
I would suggest reservations, at least on a Saturday night.