“Coupon problem”

Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: 50th Street
Transit: Lexington and 53rd Street Station: E or 6 Train
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My sisters and I were visiting NYC for a small vacation. We had a coupon from a
popular travel site. Destino was listed as participating but when we called on 2 different afternoons they refused to accept the coupon. Sadly we could not get to enjoy their cuisine. Not good for customer service.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

It was our 50th Golden Wedding Anniversary and I had purchased three Groupon's and never used Groupons before but decided to use it at Destino's Restaurant. Destino's was highly recommended and we are glad we went there.
When I called to make our reservation, which was for 12 people, the Staff was very
accommodating. Every thing we ordered from the Menu was the BEST ever. Looking forward when we are in the area to go back again. Would highly, highly recommend Destino's in the future.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

I also visited this restaurant with a Groupon. The deal was $60 for two people. Bear in mind their regular menu is a lot more expensive, and it did cost us another $25 due to the tip we left the waitress. Wine was included but my husband and I both opted for the freshly made sangria which was delicious. We could then pick any appetizer or a salad, we got the hot and cold antipasto and shared them. Everything on both platters was delicious. He ordered veal parmigana for his main course and I got a whole branzino fish which they filleted nicely for me. Both main courses were outrageous. We followed up with dessert--he had coconut gelato and I had profiteroles, which were accompanied by fresh whipped cream and semisweet chocolate sauce, one of the best desserts I ever had. Waitress was amazing and very sweet, restaurant was beautiful. I would check the menu online before visiting if you don't have a coupon because they are quite pricey, although this is Manhattan, but in terms of food and ambiance it was excellent.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

My mother had purchased a Groupon for Destino's, which always presents a risk that the restaurant is hard up for business because it's bad and/or you'll be treated badly because you're not paying full price. She and I found neither to be the case.

Making a reservation was pleasant, and we even received a reminder call. We were greeted warmly upon arrival a bit early for our reservation and seated promptly at a great table opened along an opened wall to the street on a beautiful evening. The restaurant atmosphere was very nice. The service was superb: a perfect balance between attentiveness and pacing us just right.

Everything we ordered -- the eggplant appetizer, frisée salad, rigatoni with bolognese, penne broccoli rabe with sausage, panne cote, and profiteroles -- was phenomenal.

We were incredibly satisfied by our experience and would recommend Destino's to anyone.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

I took my son and his wife and my niece here for their birthday! I used a groupon voucher for four and we couldn't believe that we could select any wine from the wine list as well as any selection for appetizer and meal and desert from the regular menu! The selection was vast ! The service was great as well as the food! The only negative was that the noise level was high due to the close proximity of the tables! We had no complaints otherwise!!! Great place to have dinner!