“Great if you love video games”
Review of Dave & Buster's

Dave & Buster's
Ranked #5,139 of 14,430 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We found the dining area crowded with noisy youths. The video area is a bit too much for children.
It has a nice space set aside for business meetings, however.

1  Thank hackbarths

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Service was unacceptable
Instead of addressing the poor service, security was unnecessarily involved when a minor was present which caused undue distress
Albert was waiter's name
Drink order took 30 minutes
Food was cleared before it was eaten
Waiter was rushing us to eat and kept telling us that they needed room because of the crowd
Waiter as not Was not well trained to handle orders
Took another 40 minutes for appetizers
No silverware was given
Was told the drink we ordered was "86".......?we were puzzled as to what that was and the waiter told us it meant that there wasn't anymore of the beverage
More concerned about the 18% gratuity
Further agitation of 13 year old son

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

We visited on an uncrowded Wednesday afternoon and I should have left after waiting almost 5 minutes for someone to notice that we were waiting to be seated but we had already picked out our food from the menu downstairs so we waited. We were finally seated in a booth. The waiter took our drink and appetizer order and brought our drinks but didn't take our order until he brought the appitizer out which took a long time. Then it took forever to get our food. The food was okay. I had the south phily burger and it was good. My kids shared the ribs and chicken plate and it was bad. It seemed unflavored except for the huge amount of BBQ sauce they slathered all over it after cooking it. The waiter never checked on us or offered us drink refills and he took forever to bring the check. I finally got up and stood by the table ready to go and he finally brought the check. I looked at the check it already had an 18 percent gratuity on it which really bothered me because I am a good tipper for good service and this was not good service. I complained and he went to get his manager. He came back and there was no gratuity on it anymore. I put the credit card on check and it took him a while to return with it for me to sign. Finally he returned and we were able to get back to our day. I would not recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

This is a teen/adult version of a kid's arcade.
Big screen TV's to watch the game, bar, food, and a slew of games.

The arcade itself is fantastic and provides a couple of hours of great fun at a reasonable price. Theres a large variety of games.
We went later at night- around 9 PM and found that there's was hardly a wait at any games.
Games were in good working order. The occasional game that did not function right we were able to get someone who worked there and they eventually tended to the game.

I did not eat at this Dave & Buster's, but from others, the food is very average to below average
Basically, it's arcade food. I actually don't understand why people would come to the City and eat at Dave and Buster's when superior burgers, etc can be gotten at a number of places, some nearby.

This rating is for the arcade and bar only.
Had I eaten the food, it would have been lower.

Get one of the many coupons on line and in magazines to double the amount of game plays.

Always a fun time from an arcade and bar standpoint.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Went here as part of a trip into midtown Manhattan and was very disappointed. The food was OK, but service was extremely slow. We purchased a game card package with our meals and the server would not give us the game cards until we finished eating and paid. We offered to pay up front and were told we couldn't. It took us 2 hours to finish lunch and the waitress seemed to be serving more tables than she could handle. When we complained, we were told "it has been noted". The games area was OK, but far smaller than any other D&B I have been to. Most of the games here are older. Table games, which are a big part of other sites is completely non-existent. If you are coming here to play a few games, it is OK, for anything else, save your time and go somewhere else, like chelsea piers.