“The Seafood Pancake Blew My Mind”

Don's Bogam BBQ & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Don's Bogam BBQ & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #982 of 13,748 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: 5th Ave.
Transit: 33 St (4, 6, 6X) 28 St (N, R) 34 St - Herald Sq (B, D, F, M, N, Q, R)
Coral Gables
“The Seafood Pancake Blew My Mind”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

This lunch was so good, I kept eating like it was Thanksgiving. I didn't need to eat again for 24 hours. The pork belly and marinated beef were delicious and aromatic, and our cute waiter really knew how to work that bbq. The pickled veg and kimchee were amazing; the seafood pancake blew my mind - I could not stop eating it. This was a fairly expensive meal, but definitely worth it. I finished the meal with a glass of soju - holy mackerel is that strong - and left walking on cloud nine. Thanks, Don's Bogam!

• Visited January 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Newton, Massachusetts
“It's good but not great for the price”
Reviewed 3 January 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Don't get me wrong. The food and service are very good. It's just for the money you have to pay, I think it's okay. That's because I can get similar quality food in Koreatown in Los Angeles, so it's a bit unfair to compare but in my mind I compare the two places.

Visited December 2013
New York City, New York
“Great lunch specials”
Reviewed 3 January 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Don's Bogam is one of the higher quality Korean restaurants you can go to and one of the few true Korean (not Korean fusion) restaurants that even offers wine. Their lunch special where you can get kalbi (Korean BBQ beef) and a soup/stew is awesome. They have great food and lots of quality banchan (side dishes). Overall, this is my go-to place for Korean food in K-town.

Visited December 2013
“Tasty”
Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

Seated quickly considering we walked up on Xmas Eve. Buzzing with activity in a good way. They were very busy. Waiter brought our water but then didn't return for our order. Hostess noticed and took our order. Food was hot and spicy - as expected. Good serving sizes and staff was otherwise attentive for the rest of the meal.

New York City, New York
“Great food!”
Reviewed 3 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Food was great! Clean, fun environment, the beef bibimbap was amazing. The kimchi pancakes were great too.

Visited November 2013