“Great for the price and great on location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wolcott Hotel

Wolcott Hotel
Ranked #252 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Dublin, Ireland
“Great for the price and great on location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

This is my preferred hotel in Manhattan when I stay in NY. It is walking distance to all the places one would want to see while in the city. The reception is great as well. The bedrooms are fine, the price great compared to most other hotels in the area. My only advice would be not to use the phone provided in the room (I know, I;m sad without a cell). But even a call within the city was pretty pricey. I usually come in the winters, and it's beautifully decorated for Christmas time.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki, Finland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed at Wolcott Hotel New York for six nights in May/June 2014 with our two sons (9 & 14). I had emailed the hotel before our trip and kindly asked for a room with the best possible view, and even received a nice reply, so the disappointment on our arrival was quite big: our triple room (one room and a smaller nook with one bed) was on the second floor with a very limited view, well actually the best possible view of the building on the other side of the street....
The room was very dim so we had to use the lights all the time. I did ask if we could possibly have a better room but the hotel was fullybooked so it didn't work.
On our first morning the shower stopped working properly and after that I killed a COCKROACH in the room! Luckily the hotel reception staff member was apologetic about this and offered us to change rooms. This would have been great, except the room was on the same floor, a bit bigger but also very dark.
The room (rooms) were otherwise quite clean and the staff was nice, but next time I book a hotel I will spend a bit extra to ensure that all the amenities are as good as it gets!
Location of Wolcott is ideal in New York city, but that is the only good thing I can truly say about this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Maribor, Slovenia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

For that location it has reasonably good price. Staff is polite and helpful.
If you're staying there, take upper floors if you can't stand the street noise.
Muffins served instead of breakfast - but i got bored with them after two days

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank dookie75
Stockholm
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is a hotel I definitly will stay at again! Nice, clean, perfect location on a rather quiet street but still close to everything. Stayed with my friends in a triple room that was rather spacious. Nice wine bar across the street and at least two breakfast places just minutes away.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Solros15
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

As a group of college students visiting New York for our first time, we were thrilled by our stay at the Wolcott Hotel. From the moment we walked in, the staff treated us with kindness and care and went out of their way to ensure that we had a positive visit in NY.

As we explored and toured the city for the majority of our time, the Wolcott served as a fantastic base and place to stay. No complaints or regrets from our group - we highly recommend it to all, especially those who are looking for a fair price in the heart of the city!

• Stayed May 2014
Milano
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I wanted to check rates for a 5 night stay with Booking.com last April and by mistake I clicked the send buttom. I immediately realized that by doing that I had just reserved one night and after two minutes (everything is recorded, so I'm not kidding) I canceled the reservation. I received a confirmation from Booking saying the cancellation had been accepted. Unfortunately the hotel decided to apply the no refund cancellation policy charging my credit card for € 170 and something. Booking was so kind to contact the hotel and explain the whole situation. No way. I did the same. No way. So be careful when you click the hotel button ...

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank isottina15
Harrogate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Visited NYC many times and this is our go-to hotel. Great location,friendly staff and not too big. Pleasant rooms equipped with hair driers and irons. I've stayed in others in NYC but this is my favourite by far. The location is superb,slap bang on Broadway and 31st...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends