2,633 results
All reviews the empire state building triple room free coffee and muffins new york great location every morning dunkin donuts times square penn station budget hotel beautiful lobby historic hotel around the corner herald square central location two blocks midtown manhattan
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Very nice budget hotel, large rooms, good location situated 31st, fith avenue, you can reach a lot of attractions (e.g. central Parc) walking, you get free coffee and muffins for breakfast, nice and friendly staff, If I ever come to New York again I would book it again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Nelli652014
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Great Location , Nice muffins in the morning , good Coffee ( however the fact that their is actually no separate room to eat them is horrible ) everyone sitting around eating muffins and having Coffee , better to take away , The lady behind the desk ( Cathy I think ) is so rude we are ringing the manager ...apart from her , great stay , great Location ....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank didee1966
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We were able to take advantage of the Wolcott Hotel's 100th Anniversary Special, so my husband and I and my mother took Amtrak down from Boston and arrived at Penn Station. The hotel is a 20 minute walk with luggage on wheels along busy sidewalks. We asked very friendly NYPD officers for directions.
From the moment we stepped into the lobby of this hotel, we felt it's charm. We stayed for 2 nights, June 30-July 1st. The entire front desk staff, especially Cathy, greeted us with enthusiasm and answered those endless "tourist" questions with a gracious smile. Our room was a Junior Suite on the 10th floor. A queen size bed (very comfortable) with AC and a TV. Through the archway, my mom slept on a very comfortable day bed, with a TV and AC. The suite was clean and cozy.
When we arrived, we requested a refrigerator which was delivered by Will, a young man from Housekeeping within minutes.
The area around the hotel is well-lit and well-travelled. We felt very safe. There is an ATM on the lower level and a weight room (small/with 4 treadmills and a universal). Just go for a walk:)
Although the hotel does not provide free wi-fi,(silly), the deli mentioned below and most other
locations do.
We did not have a "view" of the city. We did not travel to NYC to just look out the window. For a view, we suggest a 3 block walk to the Empire State Building :)
The morning coffee and muffins were a great start to the day. We asked for recommendations to a deli for breakfast and walked just around the corner and down 2 blocks or so to
Au Bon Gout Gourmet Deli (276 5th Ave.) Here we were able to request made to order breakfast eggs, omelets, sandwiches, etc. They have great coffee, an extensive fresh fruit bar; salad bar; hot food; etc. They also have beer and wine. We asked them to wrap them for a day of sightseeing and they did so with enthusiasm.
We had easy access to shopping, cabs, dining, sightseeing and popular tourist attractions. The cab drivers were very friendly.
We took in 2 Off-Broadway Shows; a carriage ride through Central Park(a great history lesson) and several cab rides through the area. Uptown/Downtown travel is 1 block away. Madison Square Garden is right next to Penn Station- a mere 3 blocks.
Every time we asked for assistance, the Wolcott Hotel Staff went out of their way to help us. This is old-school charm, grace and most of all hospitality.
Thanks so much to NYC and the Wolcott Hotel Staff for a great visit!
K/B M

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Kathleen P M
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for one night following a concert at MSG. Very good location, close to Penn Station. We were upgraded to jr. Suite, which was an additional daybed, desk and t.v. Rooms are a bit dated, but very clean. Old world charm lobby. Muffins and coffee in morning was a nice touch. For the price, I would stay here again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Angel9802
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I, my sister, sisters daughter, our mum and aunt stayed in Wolcott Hotel 5 nights in June. Hotel was very good, clean and cozy. Location was excellent! We had two rooms. Another was in inner court and it was very quiet place to sleep. Another room was in the street side and there were traffic noise, but it doesn't matter us :) I can gladly recommend this hotel!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family