2,632 results
All reviews the empire state building triple room free coffee and muffins new york great location every morning dunkin donuts times square penn station budget hotel beautiful lobby historic hotel around the corner herald square central location two blocks midtown manhattan
Reviewed 27 July 2014

this hotel was a little disappointing. The lobby is beautiful and it was built over 100 years ago. the rooms let it down, our suite was actually what had been a single and a double room made in to one, I guess because the single room had no bathroom. Although there was space the configuration made it awkward, plus it had the original doors to both rooms which was pointless and took up more space.. the bathroom was newly done but had no extractor which was not very nice. All windows locked shut so not fresh air either. It was very clean and the bed was comfortable, but the décor was tired and badly needed updating. The location was great, just one block from Empire State on corner of 5th and 31st. The free coffee was disgusting but the free muffins were delicious. The staff were just average. We had no view and small windows letting in very little light, there was no Wi-Fi but it did have an in-room safe.

Room Tip: Ask for a room wit a street view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frandis
Reviewed 24 July 2014

When I checked in I inquired as to whether there was a refrigerator in the room. The clerk said, "no there isn't but I can have one delivered". Two minutes after I reached the room there was a knock on the door and there was a man carrying a refrigerator who plugged it in and checked that it was working before he left. When we checked out in the morning of our departure, they put our suitcases in storage and our refrigerated goods in their refrigerator and held them for us until the early evening when we were leaving the city. The shower was great. The hotel was charming and the staff very accommodating. Would stay there again any tiime.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank adamseliz
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My mother and I stayed at The Wolcott for three nights in July, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay very much! Check-in was quick and friendly, and the elevator up to our ninth floor room was efficient, while small. The lobby is beautiful, though the rooms are certainly dated. That's okay, though, because there is a very old school NYC feel about them. Our room had two twin beds, a small desk, and a tv mounted on the wall. The wall unit a/c kept our space cool and comfortable, and the bathroom was the best part! It was actually quite spacious and sweet. The linens were fluffy and luxurious, as well.

The only small issue we experienced - and I really hate to even call it "an issue" - was with the concierge. We asked if we could have a cab called for our very early trip back to LGA, and instead of offering information about cabs, she tried to sell us a seat on a shuttle for more than a taxi would have cost us. As it turns out, there isn't a number to call for cabs in NYC, though the hotel is steps from 5th Avenue where we found taxis abundant, even at 4 a.m. But really, her job is to sell "extras," so we understood.

The muffins and coffee are a fantastic offering, and actually was the tipping point for us when deciding whether to stay here or at a similar hotel nearby. Both were delicious and welcome breakfast each morning.

My only other small complaint would the the temperature of the hallways. I assume they are not air conditioned, and the halls were very, very muggy and hot.

Overall, we would absolutely stay here again. We far prefer the location to that of Times Square or even further that direction. The subway is close by, and there are some delicious restaurants around, too. Don't miss Waldy's Pizza. Best meal we had in NYC. Enjoy!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank April M
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Very nice budget hotel, large rooms, good location situated 31st, fith avenue, you can reach a lot of attractions (e.g. central Parc) walking, you get free coffee and muffins for breakfast, nice and friendly staff, If I ever come to New York again I would book it again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Nelli652014
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Great Location , Nice muffins in the morning , good Coffee ( however the fact that their is actually no separate room to eat them is horrible ) everyone sitting around eating muffins and having Coffee , better to take away , The lady behind the desk ( Cathy I think ) is so rude we are ringing the manager ...apart from her , great stay , great Location ....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends