“The Kimberly Hotel, NY”

Ranked #50 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Garland, Texas
“The Kimberly Hotel, NY”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This is my first stay in this hotel. I was booked in a deluxe guestroom and I was surprise to see the room which does not meet my expectation, located at the corner and no view at all. I went down to front office and Kirt Barrington showed me a suite on the second floor and told me we will transfer there without any additional charge. That made my day after few hours of waiting for a room. That's a great example of customer service. The place is sorrounded by restaurants and subway is just a few steps away. Very convenient for a stay in New York.

Room Tip: Book a room ahead of time and should indicate high floors with a view from facing the street.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 August 2014

The hotel overall was very nice! There is no POOL or Fitness center, only the option to use a nearby racquet club facility. My kids were not happy! Check in was easy, the hotel aquarium is beuatiful, my only complaint with service was a rude young woman "Brucette" who elected to argue with us about missing "Free" bottles of water. The hotel was close enough to TImes Square yet fare enough away for a bit of solitude. The rooms are very nicely decorated, the sleeper sofa sleeps horribly however the king bed was wonderful. Enjoyed the neutrogena products and the electronic shoe polisher. WIll I stay again, No! THis hotel would suit the business traveler, couples, singles or the elderly; not a family hotel at least not with younger children. Oh, skip the NY Luncheonette next door, they do not use real ham steak and serve spoiled milk.

Room Tip: 19th floor poor view! You can see into other bedrooms, not good with children..
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SSmith30
Florida
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This is a terrific boutique hotel. I've stayed there multiple times and is my "go to" hotel when visiting New York City. The hotel is near everything, or a subway ride away. Staff is friendly (except thought the rooftop bar people a bit snooty) and helpful. Furnishings are nice, comfortable beds and rooms are much bigger than other NYC hotels. I"ve tried other hotels in the area when the Kimberly wasn't available and always wish I could have stayed there instead.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Webster, New York
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My husband and I stayed for one night. We were pleased with how friendly the staff was in a charming European atmosphere. Room was clean and comfortable. Bathroom was larger than expected with a raindrop showerhead and marble tiles throughout, it felt sophisticated and elegant. The room included a hidden kitchen area that even had a dishwasher! The only issue was the air conditioning was not strong enough to keep the room cool for the 8th floor.

• Stayed July 2014
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Just had a fabulous stay at The Kimberly in NYC, and it exceeded my expectations. Was in an excellent location and was the perfect combination of both excellent service and facilities. Rooms/suites are all equipped with top notch amenities and are larger than expected, especially for a boutique hotel in the city. Very reasonable rates and all the service personnel I encountered were both pleasant and accommodating. An incredible feature was the rooftop lounge which we really enjoyed despite it being jam-packed for a Thursday night in the summer! But service was still very attentive despite the large crowd, and you can't beat the view and ambiance that this rooftop holds. Great vibe upstairs that included a good mix of business crowd and visitors. Highly recommend you make the time to include drinks on the rooftop during your stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Kerry
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed for 5 nights and upon arrival we're met by a very friendly doorman ad check in was very quick and easy. The room was spacious and immaculately presented. The location was perfect for sightseeing and shopping and the fish tank is amazing. I will return again to this lovely hotel

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Corenah1995
Sydney
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

First of all the hotel room is very nice and a great location.

My major problem is the staff! The doormen asked me if I was staying at the hotel every night in a condescending manner, which felt great! The desk staff wouldn't make eye contact with me which was weird and when I checked in rushed the process, ignored my questions and tried to send me to the room without giving me the hotel keys!

All in all I probably wouldn't stay at this hotel again purely because when I go to a hotel I want to feel welcome.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo