“An Outstanding Gem From A to Z”
Review of The Kimberly Hotel

The Kimberly Hotel
Ranked #50 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Los Angeles, California
“An Outstanding Gem From A to Z”
Reviewed 3 July 2010

This intimate and chic hotel is now my first go-to choice for all future visits to N.Y.
The staff bends over backwards to provide prompt and flawless service. They are warm and welcoming from the front desk to housekeeping, from conciege to resturant manager.
Tastefully decorated suites are comfortable in both size and quality- lush pillows, crisp linens and thick towels abound. The small kitchen is thoughtfully stocked with utensils, plates and glasses.
The penthouse bar offers a breakfast buffet in the morning. An omlet of your choice, crisp bacon, fresh fruit and other items are ready and waiting. One can linger with morning paper and coffee, sitting out on the roof top terrace or inside at tables with vista city views.
Once home and realizing I had lost an earring,though holding little hope it would be found, I called the hotel. Sure enough, housekeeping had discovered it and had set it aside. It is now being sent to me. The impressive efficiency of the Kimberly continuing to shine on days after I had checked out .
The Kimberly offers a fantastic experience for anyone lucky enough to stay there.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank natheg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Polish first
charlotte, nc
Reviewed 1 July 2010

My husband, myself, and my sister and her husband stayed at the Kimberly from June 17, 2010 until June 20,2010. The location was great, we were close to many restaurants, other hotels and of course 5th Avenue. There was a subway stop down the block. The hotel staff was friendly, professional and very, very accomodating. The rooms, were large with huge bathrooms. We stayed in a luxury one bedroom suite, it was recently renovated with two bathrooms and a nice mini- frig. The balcony was small but very quaint. My sister stayed in a one bedroom suite and the room was even larger with a full kitchen. The toiltries were plentiful and always replenished. The bed was extremely comfortable. Everyone went out of their way to make sure our stay was fantastic. One of the lamps was missing a bulb in my sisters room, house keeping was there within 2 minutes to fix the problem, with a smile. The rooftop restaurant was nicely decorated and lots of fun. We went on the Kimberly Yacht for Fathers Day Brunch, it was a blast. While we were waiting to go to the pier it started to rain, the doorman immediately brought us umbrella's to borrow until we came back for our luggage. (We had already checked out). When we came back to collect out luggage I needed to use the restroom, but it was occupied by a family changing clothes, instead of making me wait, the doorman brought me to a staff restroom. These are just examples of the things the staff did to accomodate their guests. I will stay here everytime I come to New York.

1 Thank lmizza
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 24 June 2010

You cannot go wrong with The Kimberly Hotel. It is near Saks 5th Ave but also within walking distance of Central Park. The regular rooms have a fridge and microwave. The size is also nice. The only noise I heard was people honking their horns (of course). The staff is helpful and friendly. Loved it. Would stay again.

Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Kaukauna, Wisconsin
Reviewed 15 June 2010

My wife and I along with our 16 year old daughter just returned from a 3 nite stay at this great hotel. We stayed in an Empire suite on the 19th floor. The room had a seperate bedroom and a large living area with a pull out queen sofa bed. There was a flate screen tv in both rooms, along with a large frige and microwave. Anything we requested was delivered very quickly. The staff was very helpful and gratious. The hotel is located on east 50th st, so you are close to all major attractions. There is also a subway station just down the block. The hotel is a very well soundproofed.

1 Thank Winder52
Weymouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 June 2010

We stayed at The Kimberly Hotel for six nights. May 29th – June 4, 2010.
Stayed in a one-bedroom suite. Not the refurbished luxury ones.(We looked at one and not much better for the money. ) Suite was perfect. Bathroom very clean and spacious Bedroom huge, very clean, king bed very comfortable. Living area very clean as was the kitchenette. New rug through out. Yes the furniture was showing age but not ripped or broken. 2 flat screen TV’s. Nice size balcony.
The Hotel staff could not have been better. Very personal service. Always there to open a door. The little things they do make it special. We walked through the Waldorf, and the Res. Inn. You felt like just a number. Not saying they are bad hotels.
Breakfast included in our rate, freshly made to order omelets and the rest of the usual continental breakfast choices.
Midtown East location is close to the subway and attractions.
Very glad we choose this hotel.
Will definitely stay again

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mark1Sh
Lawrence, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 June 2010

We (5 of us, including my 3 years old daughter) stayed at the Kimberly for 2 nights and were extremely satisfied with our pick. The location is great, so we could easily walk to Central Park, Times Square, and other places. The room we got was very, very, large (2BR, 2 bath, living room/kitchenette). There was plenty of space for all of us, and we even had a balcony. The room was clean, and pretty quiet at night (from the other rooms and outside). The staff was very friendly and helpful in making recommendations. I would highly recommend staying there, except if you don't like antique furniture...

2 Thank huguest
Santa Fe, NM
Reviewed 23 May 2010

I love the location of the Kimberly; walking distance to everywhere mid-town. Good eats all around, good bars, good transportation -- shopping, too, if that's your habit. I was in a 5th floor single king -- both the room and the bed were delightfully spacious. 7 pillows on a very comfy bed. Bathroom was well appointed and there was plenty of hot water. Hate the notion of paying for the Internet but I did 'cause I needed it. I clocked the Internet speed - slow, very very slow, too slow, especially for the price. And be careful if you are inclined to pick up the hotel phone - $3 for a local call, $3 even for an 800-Number call. Use your cellphone! Didn't see any of the suites and didn't try the breakfast - I think it's free, not sure. Only serious downside, other than the Internet charges is the noisy loading of the trash trucks directly across the street, from 11pm to 1am, seemingly every night.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business