“Great location and lots of room”
Review of The Kimberly Hotel

The Kimberly Hotel
Ranked #59 of 467 Hotels in New York City
San Francisco, California
“Great location and lots of room”
Reviewed 19 July 2010

We go to New York 2-3 times a year and this is our home away from home. Forget tiny, overpriced rooms-try the Kimberly and have your own kitchen, dining area and 2 bedrooms.
Great shopping and restaurants, eat Zabar's takeout one night, it is the best spot in New York.

• Stayed September 2009

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
  • Polish first
Dallas
Reviewed 15 July 2010

I travel frequently for work and stayed at the Kimberly for almost three months. The great thing about this is the suite style spacious rooms. Most of the rooms need an interior update however the rooms are always clean. The most important thing about the room is the bed and I have NEVER slept so well and in NYC no less. The beds and bed linens are amazing. The hotel is small boutique type which is nice because you don't get the large crowds. The hotel recently opened their newly renovated rooftop which has a great view and vibe. The small plates and tasty cocktails were fabulous. The bellmen are so friendly, genuine and helpful (more than any hotel I've stayed at). Very accommodating staff! The location of the hotel is convenient to shopping and the subway and great if you don't want be in the crowds of people/tourists.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Florida
Reviewed 13 July 2010

The hotel room was great. However, the dining was not a good experience. They would not allow men to wear shorts or sandals but yet the manager was sitting there with shorts on. They would not allow us to stay. This was at 11:30 at night and out in the open and it was not a formal setting. All we wanted to do was have a cocktail!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Houston, TX
Reviewed 8 July 2010

The area of New York where The Kimberly Hotel is located is a nice, safe section of Manhattan. You can walk around at all hours of the night without worrying about safety.

I usually stay at the Waldof=Astoria which is 1.5 blocks away, but I'm tired of spending $300+/night for an overrated hotel. Therefore, I chose The Kimberly because it was rated 3.5 stars and was only $170.

The only complaint (and it's minor) is the staff. When I arrived, I was told it was too early to check in, followed by a blank stare from the gentleman working at the front desk. I asked if I could check my bag and come back later, which he allowed me to do.

The room was the best-appointed room I have ever stayed in. I'm sure that since I paid so little I received the smallest room they had. However, it was not small.

The entry-way was marble. The bathroom was marble. The kitchenette was marble. The bed had about 15 pillows on it. There was a large flat screen TV in the room.

I was also impressed with the speed of the elevators.

I only stayed a total of 19 hours, but based on location and price, I would definitely do it again.

LOCATION: Within walking distance of many places (Broadway, for example, is about 15 minutes away.)

HOTEL RESTAURANTS: Over priced. Many more reasonable options half a block down the street on 3rd Avenue.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank PierreLaCroix
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 3 July 2010

This intimate and chic hotel is now my first go-to choice for all future visits to N.Y.
The staff bends over backwards to provide prompt and flawless service. They are warm and welcoming from the front desk to housekeeping, from conciege to resturant manager.
Tastefully decorated suites are comfortable in both size and quality- lush pillows, crisp linens and thick towels abound. The small kitchen is thoughtfully stocked with utensils, plates and glasses.
The penthouse bar offers a breakfast buffet in the morning. An omlet of your choice, crisp bacon, fresh fruit and other items are ready and waiting. One can linger with morning paper and coffee, sitting out on the roof top terrace or inside at tables with vista city views.
Once home and realizing I had lost an earring,though holding little hope it would be found, I called the hotel. Sure enough, housekeeping had discovered it and had set it aside. It is now being sent to me. The impressive efficiency of the Kimberly continuing to shine on days after I had checked out .
The Kimberly offers a fantastic experience for anyone lucky enough to stay there.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank natheg
charlotte, nc
Reviewed 1 July 2010

My husband, myself, and my sister and her husband stayed at the Kimberly from June 17, 2010 until June 20,2010. The location was great, we were close to many restaurants, other hotels and of course 5th Avenue. There was a subway stop down the block. The hotel staff was friendly, professional and very, very accomodating. The rooms, were large with huge bathrooms. We stayed in a luxury one bedroom suite, it was recently renovated with two bathrooms and a nice mini- frig. The balcony was small but very quaint. My sister stayed in a one bedroom suite and the room was even larger with a full kitchen. The toiltries were plentiful and always replenished. The bed was extremely comfortable. Everyone went out of their way to make sure our stay was fantastic. One of the lamps was missing a bulb in my sisters room, house keeping was there within 2 minutes to fix the problem, with a smile. The rooftop restaurant was nicely decorated and lots of fun. We went on the Kimberly Yacht for Fathers Day Brunch, it was a blast. While we were waiting to go to the pier it started to rain, the doorman immediately brought us umbrella's to borrow until we came back for our luggage. (We had already checked out). When we came back to collect out luggage I needed to use the restroom, but it was occupied by a family changing clothes, instead of making me wait, the doorman brought me to a staff restroom. These are just examples of the things the staff did to accomodate their guests. I will stay here everytime I come to New York.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank lmizza
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 24 June 2010

You cannot go wrong with The Kimberly Hotel. It is near Saks 5th Ave but also within walking distance of Central Park. The regular rooms have a fridge and microwave. The size is also nice. The only noise I heard was people honking their horns (of course). The staff is helpful and friendly. Loved it. Would stay again.

Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends