“a great find”
Review of The Kimberly Hotel

The Kimberly Hotel
Ranked #25 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 8 September 2010

I found Hotel Kimberly via priceline and I was so pleased with it... The beds were soooo comfortable that we are going to purchase the same bed. The size of the room was a huge surprise, very big for NYC standards. Location was perfect. I took the elevator to the rooftop bar and found it to be trendy and pricey. The service of the hotel was very helpful. I was very pleased..

Reviewed 7 September 2010

Stayed here for a couple romantic nights in Manhattan after booking a really good discounted rate through a third-party web-site. (Less than $200/nt + tax.) The whole hotel oozes luxury, from the lobby to the room itself to the Upstairs restaurant / bar.
Our room was a suite with a TV/sitting room with couch, table, and so on, a bedroom, an area with a jacuzzi-style tub, and a bathroom area with shower, toilet, sinks, etc.
The bed was absolutely amazing - laying on the king-sized pillowtop mattress was what I expect laying in a cloud in heaven might feel like. The bathroom and tub room were nice marble.
Service at the hotel was great, and included free internet access in their business center and a decent breakfast included with the price of the room.
Cocktails at the Upstairs lounge were expensive, as one might expect.
Not Fantastic but Good location in Manhattan, near a subway line, close to several bars and restaurants, a bit of a long walk to sites like Central Park, Times Square, etc.
Would definitely stay here again, if I could find another discounted rate. Not sure I'd be able to afford the normal full rate.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2010

The best thing about my trip to NY was the Kimberly Hotel. Since it was my first trip to NY, I did a lot of research and after many positive reviews on the internet and wanting a suite with mini kitchen for our 6 night stay, I choose a luxury 1 bedroom suite @ Kimberly Hotel. Linda, Revenue Manager, was awesome in helping with our reservation and putting in our requests (early check in), etc. When I got to the hotel, I was amazed. It was like 600 square feet and had all the amenities I could think of (robe, slippers, umbrella, coffee maker, fridge, hair dryer, iron, even mouth wash, q-tips, cotton balls, etc). I loved coming back from my day of sight seeing in 98 degree weather to a nice cold (ac running all day) room with the most comfortable bed ever (one day I took 2 naps cuz the bed was so comfie).

The location was perfect. Lots of eating places that stay open late and 1-3 blocks away from subway stations. Was able to walk to Bloomies, Rockefeller Center, Times Square, and Grand Central.

The breakfast buffet was awesome. I miss my egg white only made to order omelet. The head guy there, Aaron? was awesome too.

I would def stay at Kimberly Hotel again.

1  Thank HappyBunnynumber2
Reviewed 2 September 2010

The Kimberly was absolutely wonderful! I researched many hotels before making reservations. We stayed in the 1 bedroom suite. The room was large- unlike other rooms I'd stayed in NY-even for 4 adults. The room had a balcony overlooking the city. Had lots of ammenities including including free breakfast at rooftop restaurant for 2. Very comfortable beds, nice kitchen area, and room was very quiet. The staff at the hotel was so helpful and kind. It was the best trip. I will never stay anywhere else in NY!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2010

I can honestly say after spending four wonderful nights at The Kimberly that this is by far the best hotel I have ever stayed at. My fiance's name is Kim and when looking for a place to stay in NYC to propose, I saw this gem on Tripadvisor and thought hmmmm I should check this property out because of the name likeness, but I can tell you that was only the icing on the cake. After reading SEVERAL positive reviews I decided to contact Marcia James of The Kimberly to help with the arrangements. I can tell you that without all of her continued help, I would never have been able to pull this proposal off. From the time we arrived, the bell staff (especially Ralph) were the kindest friendliest folks I have ever encountered at any hotel. The concierge and front desk staff were very friendly as well and always accommodating. We arrived an hour or so before check in and didn't have to wait, our room was ready. We went up to the 23th floor to find a very beautiful room with a king size feather bed top that within laying on for 15 minutes you would be sound asleep. The room was very clean and had all the amenities that we required. Pretty large safe in the closet, beautiful hidden bar with small refrigerator inside stocked with soda/water. The balcony view looked right at the Chrysler building and was spacious enough for two comfortably. The bathroom........step up king sized jacuzzi tub with tv on the wall to watch while soaking those tired legs and feet from walking. Did I mention the bathroom was all marble? The shower was huge and had the shower heads on the sidewalls as well as the rain forest shower head above. Water pressure was always good as well as never running out of hot water. Because this hotel was so centrally located, we were able to go out for a while and then stop back and forth between our destinations to change or rest (unfortunately Mother nature decided to make it rain for four days, but we had our trusty Kimberly umbrellas to tackle the outside). I have read that many of the staff have been there for years, and it doesn't take long to figure out that they REALLY love their jobs and helping the guests. Upon returning to our room from the 3 hour Kimberly yacht dinner cruise around the southern portion of Manhattan the first evening, we found a note congratulating us and thanking us for staying with them along with a bottle of champagne and a plate of chocolate covered strawberries. I thought that was such a thoughtful thing to do. When we were running a bit late for catching a theater show, one of the bellman Ralph had a car waiting for us downstairs in 20 minutes when we came down and we were able to make it to the show in time. He also secured a town car for us to return to the airport for a great price in town. I can honestly say that if you are traveling to NYC stop right now and book your accommodations here; you won't be sorry......PS she said YES

Reviewed 23 August 2010

The Kimberly Hotel has a superb location, outside the hub of activity of Times Square, yet close enough to it that you can walk there in 10-15 minutes. The rooms were spacious, the bed was large, firm, wonderful, the balcony on the 19th floor provided us with a good view of the city, and the front office and doormen were very helpful and friendly. Special thanks to Harry and Ralph for being so personable and helpful. Breakfasts were complementary for two guests, and the food and service in the restaurant were excellent. The Kimberly has a rooftop bar which was beautiful, and the yacht tour of New York, three hours, was outstanding. The only suggestion is to upgrade the buffet served on the yacht. Thanks from two gals from Nova Scotia and one from Toronto, Ontario!!!I

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2010

After reading the positive reviews about the Kimberly I was surprised to find that the hotel failed to meet basic expectations. First, the A/C didn't work properly which in August was not that great. Second, the room's window overlook a dank alleyway and directly into other hotel rooms. It was room where you had to have the curtains drawn constantly. Third, everything about the place is about making money. The internet fee is ridiculous - $13 a day! There are two computers in the lobby but they were taken each time I tried to use them. Then when you turn on the TV you have to scroll through numerous pay-for-tv menus before you can watch a free show. Finally, when you're booking through Priceline or Bookline, note that the price does not include the hefty taxes which add another 15 percent to the bill. Overall, I recommend staying some place else.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple