“great value”

Ranked #43 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Leawood, Kansas
“great value”
Reviewed 15 September 2010

The Kimberly is a great little hotel in mid-town. The staff is very friendly and helpful. It is an all suites hotel. Traveling with 3 other women, this hotel worked the best. There is a lot of room with a nice size bathroom, and many mirrors. The new rooftop bar is nice, but pricey. We love The Kimberly.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Polish first
FL
Reviewed 14 September 2010

First, I'd like to thank Marcia for taking time to answer all my questions. She is a truly wonderful ambassador of the hotel.

We'd come off the Caribbean Princess for an overnight in NYC. My bed on the ship had a HUGE crater in the middle, generating equally huge backaches. When I saw the bed in the Kimberly Hotel I wanted to cry with joy. I had to pry myself out in the morning.

Our room was wonderful, although without a view, but it didn't matter. The only other nick was a crack in the sink cause by careless tenants to lazy to read how to properly attach the hair dryer, letting it drop into the porcelain sink basin.

Friends from NYC came to the room and were also very impressed. If I go back to NYC again, I'll stay at the Kimberly again. Don't forget to go left around the corner to try an Ess-a-bagel during your stay!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 September 2010

We stayed at the Kimberly over Labor Day Weekend. A friend of ours booked a block of rooms for their wedding. The rate was great. I would suggest anyone in need of booking a room block in New York City check here first.

Our room & bathroom were larger than I expected. There were two closets in our room which came in handy since I was traveling with my husband. There was also a mini-fridge & microwave which is nice to have to keep drinks, etc. My husband thought the room was too warm, but he's always hot. I thought it was fine.

The location was great. Walking distance from several restaurants on 2nd. Less than a block from the number 6 subway stop for the Lexington Line. Be aware if you take the subway that they are currently doing construction along several stops. Therefore, certain lines bypass a few stops going one way. This was a pain because we had to go past our stop, and get back on the same train going in the opposite direction in order to get to the stop we needed.

We did check out the rooftop bar. The drinks were expensive, but that's to be expected in New York City. The view was great. I'd suggest checking it out for a drink. The roof was not covered when we first went up, but later in the evening it began getting cooler so they closed the roof.

We did book a dinner cruise on the yacht. We did not have to pay to board because we were guests at the Kimberly. Guests only have to pay $25 for dinner & for any drinks you order at the cash bar. As soon as we saw dinner consisted of deli trays, we exited the boat. We'd had a busy day & wanted a nicer dinner. If you don't mind deli sandwiches for dinner, then this may be a fun night out. We just wanted something more for dinner. Perhaps the brunch cruise would be a better option?

There was no gym in the hotel, but you do have access to a chain of fitness clubs. Two locations were close by.

There were two computers you could use in the lobby. I think there was a cost for internet in the room, but we never used it.

Photos of our room are attached.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
la
Reviewed 8 September 2010

I found Hotel Kimberly via priceline and I was so pleased with it... The beds were soooo comfortable that we are going to purchase the same bed. The size of the room was a huge surprise, very big for NYC standards. Location was perfect. I took the elevator to the rooftop bar and found it to be trendy and pricey. The service of the hotel was very helpful. I was very pleased..

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Boulder, Colorado, USA
Reviewed 7 September 2010

Stayed here for a couple romantic nights in Manhattan after booking a really good discounted rate through a third-party web-site. (Less than $200/nt + tax.) The whole hotel oozes luxury, from the lobby to the room itself to the Upstairs restaurant / bar.
Our room was a suite with a TV/sitting room with couch, table, and so on, a bedroom, an area with a jacuzzi-style tub, and a bathroom area with shower, toilet, sinks, etc.
The bed was absolutely amazing - laying on the king-sized pillowtop mattress was what I expect laying in a cloud in heaven might feel like. The bathroom and tub room were nice marble.
Service at the hotel was great, and included free internet access in their business center and a decent breakfast included with the price of the room.
Cocktails at the Upstairs lounge were expensive, as one might expect.
Not Fantastic but Good location in Manhattan, near a subway line, close to several bars and restaurants, a bit of a long walk to sites like Central Park, Times Square, etc.
Would definitely stay here again, if I could find another discounted rate. Not sure I'd be able to afford the normal full rate.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Hawaii
Reviewed 7 September 2010

The best thing about my trip to NY was the Kimberly Hotel. Since it was my first trip to NY, I did a lot of research and after many positive reviews on the internet and wanting a suite with mini kitchen for our 6 night stay, I choose a luxury 1 bedroom suite @ Kimberly Hotel. Linda, Revenue Manager, was awesome in helping with our reservation and putting in our requests (early check in), etc. When I got to the hotel, I was amazed. It was like 600 square feet and had all the amenities I could think of (robe, slippers, umbrella, coffee maker, fridge, hair dryer, iron, even mouth wash, q-tips, cotton balls, etc). I loved coming back from my day of sight seeing in 98 degree weather to a nice cold (ac running all day) room with the most comfortable bed ever (one day I took 2 naps cuz the bed was so comfie).

The location was perfect. Lots of eating places that stay open late and 1-3 blocks away from subway stations. Was able to walk to Bloomies, Rockefeller Center, Times Square, and Grand Central.

The breakfast buffet was awesome. I miss my egg white only made to order omelet. The head guy there, Aaron? was awesome too.

I would def stay at Kimberly Hotel again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HappyBunnynumber2
lakeland, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 September 2010

The Kimberly was absolutely wonderful! I researched many hotels before making reservations. We stayed in the 1 bedroom suite. The room was large- unlike other rooms I'd stayed in NY-even for 4 adults. The room had a balcony overlooking the city. Had lots of ammenities including including free breakfast at rooftop restaurant for 2. Very comfortable beds, nice kitchen area, and room was very quiet. The staff at the hotel was so helpful and kind. It was the best trip. I will never stay anywhere else in NY!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends