“Great stay at The Kimberly”
Review of The Kimberly Hotel

The Kimberly Hotel
Ranked #31 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 5 July 2007

One of the nicest hotels we've stayed in. The staff was most accomodating and attentive. The rooms were lovely, the bed was wonderful. We were in town for our daughter's wedding and had booked several rooms. Upon the last check-in there was a slight miscommunication, however it was immediately taken care of. The location was very convenient, yet quiet. We will absolutely return to The Kimberly.

Stayed: June 2007
6  Thank msuttonrdh

Reviewed 25 June 2007

My sister and I stayed at the Kimberly for one night. It was lovely. The beds in the rooms were ultra comfortable. The rooms are equipped w/ safes and even an room alarm, so I felt very safe. The staff was professional and nice, especially the doorman.

All in all, I was very satisfied with the Kimberly and would stay there again.

(By the way, Jimmy Carter has and continues to stay at the Kimberly when he goes to NYC. Posted at the front desk is a framed letter written by Carter in which he lauds the hotel).

• Stayed: June 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank misterdarcy
Reviewed 23 June 2007

We stayed here for our 20 anniversary and found the location to be fantastic. We love to walk and were located less then a 20 minute walk from Time Square, Central Park or Grand Central Station and just around the corner from Rockerfeller Center and lots of shoppping. It did not matter the time of day we walked we always felt safe compared to other areas of Manhattan. There were door man at every hotel in this area as well as alot of extra security due to all the diplomats staying in the area. Our Room was 6I and had a large dressing area and bathroom plus sitting area with 2 queen size beds. The beds were very nice with nice cozy feather comforters. The umberllas in the room were a nice touch to bad we didn't take one with us on one of our walks. The concierge was knowledgable and helpful but Rolph the doorman was great recomending little pubs and getting taxi or limos.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Karen-Larry
Reviewed 1 June 2007

We have recently returned from a 4 night stay at the Kimberly. In short the hotel is slightly dated and in need of some refurbishment. However this should not detract from staying there. The reception staff were efficient but where this hotel comes into its own is the doormen and the concierge. Each of whom were absolutely fantastic. I am very lucky as I work in the travel industry and get to see many countries and stay in some very beautiful hotels but I have to say the guys on the door were so courteous and the concierge very knowledgable it was a pleasure to be greeted by them when coming back to the hotel after a busy day. The suite itself was very clean and tidy but as stated a little dated. The only area for complaint was the bad attitude of one of the bar staff in the restaurant one young girl in particular. She really let the hotel down with her very poor customer service. Not in keeping with the rest of The Kimberly staff! Excellent location for all areas and close to the subway. Walk down out of the hotel a few blocks to where you will find some excellent restaurants Italian, Seafood and French all very reasonably priced.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank figa
Reviewed 15 May 2007

After a great 3 night stay at the Kimberly Hotel in May 2006 I booked again for a 4 night stay in October 2006 but this time requesting a luxury suite for 4 nights - Again the staff was outstanding but unfortunately the luxury suite did not meet the standard I was anticipating. I stayed in suite 23G. Not only was the bathroom much smaller that the one during my past stay, the plug for the Jacuzzi tub did not work, that was one of the main reasons for getting the luxury suite. The faucet in the mini bar came off in my hand and that sink was unusable, I had problems with the safe, the drapes in the living room would not close leaving an opening of 8 feet, had problems with the wall mounted TV. After returning home I wrote a letter the the manager whose name I was given at the front desk and did not receive any response from the Kimberly Hotel. I would not stay there again and woudl not recommend that hotel to anyone.
Why did I wait so long to place this - I just found Trip Advisor - staying at the Benjamin Hotel at the end of May and this time booked two suites, one for myself and the other for friends.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Puck1351
Reviewed 15 April 2007

This was a first visit to NYC for my husband and myself and The Kimberly was just what we were looking for in location, ambiance and service. We did not want a huge hotel that was impersonal. The size of the room was fantastic, especially because we had read so much about the small size of rooms in NYC. The full kitchen was terriffic because we had breakfast and sometimes dinner in. We felt we had our own apartment in midtown with the large living room and separate bedroom. The gas to the cook stove was turned off in the entire building due to "safety concerns" but it really wasn't necessary to our enjoyment.

The hotel is obviously older and a little out of date fashion-wise but is very well maintained and very clean.

The service from reservations to front desk to bell staff and doormen could not have been better. Their friendlyness and kind recommendations were consistant and helpful.

The location was great for walking many places as well as very near the subway.

We loved walking just two blocks to 2nd street between 50th & 51st Ave for some great reasonably priced resturants as well as a good market. The Jamison provided a simple good meal with clean cozy ambiance one nite. On two other evenings we ate at Pasta Presto & Grill for really good meals that were incredably well priced. We could not believe how people would wait hours for overpriced mediocure food from chains that you could get at any city in America instead of walk a few blocks to wonderful little neighborhoods for a really special meal, great ambiance and reasonable prices.

We recommend this hotel highly to friends and family and look forward to going there again.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Scannon
Reviewed 3 April 2007

Went for an all girls week in October 2006 and were pleased with the 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite at $635 per night. Five of us stayed and did not feel cramped in any way. It was nice having the refrigerator and microwave for a light breakfast before we set out for the day or for a late evening dessert. The only small complaint we had was 1) the sofa bed was very uncomfortable and 2) the stove did not work. However, the hotel was quick to offer a 30% discount to the restaurant located dowstairs and brought up a roll-away to replace the sofa bed. This hotel is located very near a subway entrance and within walking distance to many sights. The room was quiet, clean and furnished nicely. I would recommend it highly.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with family