1,281 results
All reviews park avenue grand central station jazz club japanese toilet heated seat on a non smoking floor new york the empire state building murray hill quiet hotel times square mini bar corner room fantastic hotel fifth avenue two blocks street noise
Reviewed 23 August 2018

We stayed at the Kitano for a week in July and loved it. This was our first visit to New York so it was really just by luck we chose this hotel. It was so quiet, no outside noise. Our room was very comfortable and the bathroom was lovely. Everything was spotless, such a joy to go back to after a busy day sightseeing. The air conditioning was excellent - easy to use and very much appreciated in July when it was very hot outside. We have already booked to come back to Kitano next May as we enjoyed it so much.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Annie E
Akihiro_Nomura, Manager at Kitano New York, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Thank you for the great review of The Kitano Hotel New York.
Glad you found value in your visit and that our service was convenient.
We are looking forward to welcoming back to the Kitano Hotel New York next May.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

We visited recently for a two-day stay, as individual leisure travelers. Like most other reviewers, we found the location to be convenient for tourists, although the same could be said for many locations in Manhattan. But unlike most other reviewers, we are unable to give any more than a rating of three
We liked the compact size of the hotel; we did not have to walk far once inside the building. There were no long corridors as are often found at larger hotels. The elevators were readily available with little to no wait. We had minimal interaction with staff members but they were polite and cheerful. We did not use any food & beverage outlets.

Our most significant complaint has to do with the quality of the mattress and pillows. A hotel is designed as a place to sleep. We found that goal elusive due to the soft mattress, thin pillows, and the air conditioning output vent directed at the bed. The bed foundation was a bit "bouncy" in that one person's movement could easily be felt by the other. Overall, it felt very cheap. I was disheartened to read comments from a year ago that the hotel rooms are being upgraded. Seems as if it should have been completed long ago.
Many posters here have been very pleased with this hotel but I am not able to join that chorus and would not return to this property. I was certainly not expecting the Park Hyatt Shinjuku, but I do expect a comfortable bed in every hotel I visit. Every hotel.

Room Tip: Some rooms may offer a pleasant city view, but my room did not.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank SFCAcruiser
Akihiro_Nomura, Manager at Kitano New York, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback on your recent visit with us.
It is good to know that the location and overall facility of the hotel was to your liking.
We really appreciate your comments regarding our service and our facility.
Our team members take their roles very seriously and try, every day, to provide the quality of service that our guests expect.
Our commitment to investing in our team and property will continue.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Clean and comfortable overall with friendly service. A few minor gripes such as no coffee in the room (only tea) and extra soft mattress. Would also be nice to have a free bottle or two of water in the room in a hotel of this class.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank DanoNJ
Akihiro_Nomura, Manager at Kitano New York, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

I gratefully appreciate for taking the time to provide feedback on your visit.
It is through feedback from guests such as yours that assists us in achieving our goals.
We work to achieve excellence in hospitality by ensuring our guests’ complete satisfaction.
May I assure you of our continued efforts are to provide every guest with the standard of service and accommodations to our valued customers which guests expect from The Kitano Hotel New York.
Our goal is to make every guests stay as flawless as possible.
Please consider The Kitano Hotel again if you should have another opportunity to return to New York soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

It’s a clean hotel but it dates back to a typical hotel from the 1990s. Everything in the hotel is fairly basic. Initially when I knew I was staying at a Japanese hotel I was excited about ordering from their restaurant, but was disappointed when I realized it was a very basic menu and they allowed no customization of the menu, specifically creating a specialty sushi roll that I can get from almost any Japanese restaurant (ultimately, I had to walk two blocks away to a Japanese restaurant to get my dinner). I’ve been a bit disappointed by their Wi-Fi in that it doesn’t stay connected. It’s a clean hotel with a friendly staff and so I probably should not complain, but it falls well short of the typical business hotels that I’ve stayed in over the past year in other parts of the U.S. and even outside the US

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank jelarv
Akihiro_Nomura, Manager at Kitano New York, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your recent stay at The Kitano Hotel New York, your comments are very much valued.
We really appreciate your comments regarding our service and our facility.
Our commitment to investing in our team and property will continue.
Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to New York!

Reviewed 8 August 2018

My daughter and I stayed one night at the Kitano for a last-minute girl's getaway. The service was top notch, from the telephone reservation to the check-in and check-out. Pleasant, friendly staff. We did not require any additional help and our interactions were brief, but felt warmly welcomed. We were pleasantly surprised by the room, which was large by NYC standards. The beds were very comfortable, the room was very quiet with no street noise on an upper floor. The room was able to be temperature adjusted with wall thermostat. The shower was a bit complex with multiple adjustments to learn, but was very comfortable. We were surprised that the house cleaning staff knocked on our door at 9 am and asked us when we were leaving, this was an unusual faux pas for a nice hotel. Television very nice and large. We will happily stay here again. The location is very convenient.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank beezneez123

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience at The Kitano Hotel New York.
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your room and the service we were able to provide to you during your stay.
We look forward to having the pleasure of your company in the very near future.

Warm regards,