“Will stay no where else whilst in New York city”
Review of Hotel Beacon

Hotel Beacon
Ranked #63 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 11 September 2011

A friend recommended Hotel Beacon to me. I had already found a great hotel midtown that I always came back to but I decided to go to the Upper West Side for this trip for further exploring. I am so glad I took my friend's recommendation. The Hotel Beacon is a true gem. Perfectly located in the middle of the Upper West Side all the conveniences are very close. The hotel is very clean, efficient and all the staff are simply lovely and informative. Our room was great, the kitchenette was always in use for breakfast which kept our costs down. Our first stay was on the 9th floor in a queen suite and was excellent however upon our return I went with a double suite and we landed on the 22nd floor and I was home ! The view was stunning, the room was larger and I will be requesting this room in the future. The best part of this hotel for me was the bed, you could not get another bed so comfortable that I wanted to pack it up and bring it home. I highly recommend Hotel Beacon to anyone, it is a great find, great location and simply a grat placed that feels like a bit of home in Manhattan.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank perth4me

Reviewed 11 September 2011

My 2 daughters had previously stayed at the Hotel Beacon and were most impressed with the whole experience. This time to NYC (I've been here 7 or 8 times now!) my Travel Agent booked my travel friend and I into the Beacon. We are 2 'mature' ladies travelling on our own and we just LOVED this hotel. Checkin and checkout was pleasant and quick. We were so surprised to find that we were in a 2xqueen bed suite (room #809) that over- looked Broadway (the suite's windows were double glazed so the street noise was no concern). Lots of fellow Australians use this hotel. The lifts were fast to arrive. There was a combined lounge/dining area with a nice sized TV. The beds were comfy (though the air con in our bedroom was quite noisey) and the kitchenette was a bonus (fridge/oven/microwave/toaster/coffee maker and a tiny sink but who wants to prepare a full meal - this is holiday time!) The Fairway Market is just across the road and it is a Pandora's Box of goodies, all to save you the trouble of preparing foods (just pick from their vast array of hot or cold takeaway foods) QUIRKY TIP: We had bananas for 79cents a pound (they are sooo expensive currently in Australia!!) The suite's bathroom was small and always clean, as was the suite and in fact the whole Hotel.... Great staff - congrats to the Management! Our local subway was on 72nd Street at Broadway and also here was a small, well kept garden/park - great for people watching when you weren't rushing around this massive city. Lots of eateries serving differing foods for all budgets are closeby and it is in a friendly and safe area. An added bonus for the traveller is their 7th floor laundry (coin operated and open 24hrs a day!) Also available are 3 public phones on the 2nd floor - just buy a Calling Card and home in Australia is just a phonecall away! There is a large CVS Pharmacy a few blocks north on Broadway. Congratulations to the Hotel Beacon, I'll be back! This hotel ticked all the boxes for my likes!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank gribbsfam
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Loved the location, the staff and the room! We will come back! Always stay on the Upper West when we visit NYC, and The Beacon is now our new favourite hotel :-)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank carinao1
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Just wanted to say thank you for an enjoyable stay at Hotel Beacon. My girlfriends and I travelled to the US last month and spent 10 days in New York. We had a comfortable 2 bedroom suite and we were welcomed with some goodies on arrival. The location was very convenient, very central to nearby shops, cafes and the subway. The staff were also very friendly and helpful at reception!

My parents and relatives have also stayed at the Hotel Beacon several times so I would definitely recommend it to my friends and family!

We will be visiting again hopefully same time next year :)

5  Thank Mariette Y
Reviewed 3 September 2011

Went to NYC for 4 nights on business and stayed here. Was surprised at how up-scale the place was. Immaculately clean room. Did the obligatory complete check for bed bugs and none found. The room had an equipped kitchenette with a real stovetop, dishes, pots and pans. Microwave and fridge and a kitchenette sink. I found this useful as the hotel is right across the street from Fairway Market. The desk help was very pleasant and helpful. Best part of the hotel I thought was how peaceful it was. After a long day at work ,the hustle and bustle of NYC felt miles away. I would recommend this place to anyone. I stayed on the 10th floor and knew others staying in the building on other floors and they all said it was a similar experience, excellent in everyway.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Robert M
Reviewed 1 September 2011

This hotel was fabulous!! Very roomy! We had a king suite which included a small kitchen.
We shopped at the market across the street. There is also a wine store 2 doors down.
We found the neighbourhood to be quiet & felt quite safe. We were 4 women travelling alone.
The theatre next door was closed but looks like a beauty!
Getting around wasn't difficult at all as the subway station is only 2 blocks away. Central Park is very close to walk to as well.
The staff was fantastic other than a couple of men working at guest services whom we found to be quite rude to us. The doormen are great fun!!
Will definitely stay here again!!!

2  Thank jude3157
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Booked four nights at this Upper West Side hotel (W75th and Broadway) mostly due the good reviews on this site and was not dissappointed. Room (double double) was clean, nice up-to-date decor, bigger than usual including the marble bathroom. While not inexpensive this is good value ($235/night for two of us) and the location is close to subways, Central Park, Lincoln Center and lots of great brunch, lunch and dinner restaurants on neighbouring Amsterdam Avenue all the way up to the W90's. Room has a little kitchenette with a two-burner cooktop, minifridge, sink, dishes for two etc. and one of the best Manhattan supermarkets right across the street open til 1 am. so although we never cooked, we were well set up for light breakfast or late night snackin. Staff were efficient and friendly. Only downside: $9.95 a day for WiFi, which isn't really clear on their web site. I am a pretty fussy hard-to-please guy and I would definitely stay there again and recommend it!

2  Thank gulfislandguy