“Good hotel in good location”
Review of Hotel Beacon

Hotel Beacon
Ranked #75 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This was our first time in NYC and the hotel was perfect for exploring Manhattan. Brilliant location, very clean, comfy beds, very spacious rooms and quiet. We did not overlook Central Park but as we were hardly ever in the room, we did not mind. Our room was a suite and really big with two rooms and a kitchenette. Fairways market just across the road stocks everything you could possibly need. Perfect for our needs. Would definitely go back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KatMaNe
There are newer reviews for Hotel Beacon

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This has become my favorite hotel in New York. Here are my reasons:
- Getting around: The subway (1-3) is basically right out the door at 72nd St.
- Morning coffee: I love the ability to boil water in my room, and the presence of a decent fridge to
keep my coffee cream in.
- Pet free: 100 percent. This alone would keep me coming back over and over again.
- Feels unique: For example, the art on the walls in the rooms are plentiful and interesting.
- Amazing views from rooms facing the park
- Love the neighborhood, cafes, shops etc. Feels a bit almost European...
- Staff are great, not overly fawning, no pre-fab speeches etc.

Criticisms:
- thumping elevator noise on top floor room
- shower heads need replacing

Room Tip: facing the park on a higher floor = fantastic view
Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank tobytyler123
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Beacon for 5 nights in July 2014 and loved it.

Great room,spacious,comfortable and quiet.Cooking facilities also although not used too much as the location is perfect for cafes,supermarkets and restaurants.Across the road there is several deli/food outlets .

Service was excellent and being in Upper West side we could walk everywhere.Loved it and would stay here without any hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cathy H
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed there in August of 2012. I was attending classes at Columbia and stayed there for a week. It was very clean, cool (ac) near the subway, starbucks and the grocery store. Room was large and light blocking curtains were great. The neighborhood is quiet (for NYC) and feels very safe walking about at night. Would recommend to anyone in the NYC area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My son and I spent 8 nights in this hotel and I am so thankful that I discovered this gem on Tripadvisor!
The location is perfect - away from the Times Square chaos but so convenient to get there and other sights via subway very nearby.
We loved the market across the road and were able to prepare breakfast and sometimes lunch too in our little kitchen. The bakery nearby had cookies to die for and we really enjoyed a lot of the other local restaurants.
Staying so long meant we used the laundry a few times which was very convenient.
Staff were all so friendly and helpful.
Beds comfortable and we were blessed with an amazing view from our 21st floor corner room.
When next in NYC we need look no further for where we will stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank lisa31jane
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I have traveled to NYC more times than I can count. I have stayed in extremely high end hotels and loved them, but ever since I have stayed at the Beacon I wouldn't stay anywhere else. This is in the perfect area. The hotel has recently been renovated and the rooms are perfect. I love the use of the kitchens in the room and there is a grocery store right across the street to stock up on goodies with. The staff has never been anything but amazing! I will be back again ....

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed at Hotel Beacon from 25 June for 7 nights. What a wonderful choice it was! We had a suite which had everything we needed for three adults I cannot recommend this hotel more highly. Everyone was so welcoming, housekeeping clean and always friendly, front desk staff very professional. Our next stop on our trip was New Orleans and Ryan from the Concierge desk even went to the trouble of making a list of restaurants to visit when we got there! He was so much help to us and we appreciate his kind gesture. The doormen were also such a pleasure helping us with directions and best places to shop. All that is left to say is that you could not go wrong in staying at the Beacon The hotel of choice for Aussies in the USA. Brilliant!

Room Tip: Close to Central Park, upper West location, quieter end of Manhattan .
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple