4,310 results
All reviewsfairway marketupper west sidecentral parkviand cafesmall kitchenettelevain bakerygreat supermarketnew yorkstreet subwayone bedroom suitestrawberry fieldstimes squarelaundry roomexpress trainnatural history museumlincoln centerfull kitchen
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Our family stayed in a 1 bedroom suite which had a full kitchen which was great. Rooms are quite, clean and comfortable. Staff here are so lovely, nothing is ever a problem. Location is idea a block from the subway with a quick ride anywhere in New York! Accross the road is a Food Market which we made great use of for breakfasts or dinners in our rooms after long days in the city. If I'm ever back in NYC I would definetly come back here! :)

Room Tip: We had other friends staying all over hotel and all rooms were great.
1  Thank asemoore
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Our family of four stayed in a two-double room on an overnight in the middle of a larger trip, needing an upper-west-side location vs. our usual mid-town preferences and this compared reasonably favorably to others price-wise.
The room was sharp and comfy though beds were smaller than all other equivalent rooms on this trip (as, indeed, was the room itself but that's Manhattan...!). Staff was helpful, separate garage parking around the corner, subway just a block away, and you can enjoy a pleasant walk over to the park, down to Lincoln Center, up to Zabar's, Redeemer Pres., or take a not-bad taxi ride to the theaters or Rock. Ctr area. (No real on-site "coffee" etc. and wifi was poor.) I would definitely stay again, though more likely if it's just "the two of us" next time.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel last week so we could attend her Fordham freshman orientation. This location was very convenient to the Bronx. We had a car and it was about a 23 minute drive from the hotel to the Rose Hill campus on a Monday morning. If you don't have a car the hotel is very close to the subway. We were within easy walking distance of almost everything including Central Park, museums, shopping, The Upper West Side, where this hotel is located, is very nice. Our room was great. Very large for a NYC hotel room. Very clean. Great view of the city. Quiet. Nice little kitchen area which we did not need but could be very handy. Friendly and helpful staff. Overall a very pleasant stay and we will be returning here for sure.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I did a lot of research to find a nice hotel on Manhattan and close to the subway which would accommodate my husband and me, plus our teenage son and daughter. We needed three beds. That's hard to find without spending a fortune! At Hotel Beacon, you can get a suite that has two double beds and a queen-size sofa for a reasonable price. Perfect for our family! I liked this hotel a lot. It was stylishly appointed, and had a kitchenette with a stove, refrigerator, sink, coffee maker, microwave and dishes. There is a market right across the street and there are a lot of restaurants nearby. There were minor issues: We were by the elevator and it was noisy at times [room, 907]. The bathroom was really small and not ventilated plus had a chip on the tub, but that was a small price to pay for the rest of the amenities. We had problems with our AC unit and with our thermostats, but those were taken care of. We also had a problem at check in where they tried to tell us there was no suite available with two double beds and the sofa bed, though I had made the reservations 6 months in advance PLUS had called two days before check-in to verify. I absolutely would not hear of it, and they did somehow find us a room. Not sure what was up with that. Overall, I did like this hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far from elevators
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This was our first time in NYC and the hotel was perfect for exploring Manhattan. Brilliant location, very clean, comfy beds, very spacious rooms and quiet. We did not overlook Central Park but as we were hardly ever in the room, we did not mind. Our room was a suite and really big with two rooms and a kitchenette. Fairways market just across the road stocks everything you could possibly need. Perfect for our needs. Would definitely go back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up!
1  Thank KatMaNe