“Great staff”

Ranked #332 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Great staff”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

It was my first time in New York City, im from a small town in the midwest. Coming to this hotel was a great descision; great atmosphere and feel. I was greeted by Harris Akthar, he made me feel welcomed. I came for business but after hours wanted to explore, he pointed out some great places for me to check out. Everything was close by and it was just an all around great experience, cant wait to come back to New York City.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Paul S, General Manager at Hilton New York Grand Central, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Moe J,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. NYC certainly is a wonderful place and we were delighted we were able to play host for you. Harris certainly does his best to be an amabassador for the city helping all of our guests with any inquiries. We hope you decide to pay us a visit soon again some day.

Paul Schwartz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I was staying in the city for a business convention a few weeks ago and have to say that I have stayed at many hotels in the city but this was an exceptional experience. Of course thanks to the friendly and professional gentlemen named Harris at front desk. I was in and out with a completely painless experience. Will come again and stay here for sure.

-Nav

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Nav V,

We were thrilled to read that you had a great stay with us. We always provide our guests with a personable and professional experience to keep them coming back. Harris has consistently shown he has been able to do this with any guest he is able to assist wtih. We hope to see you back on your next visit.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at this Hilton on a last minute trip to New York. Located on 42nd street with easy access to anywhere in manhattan. The staff was very courteous and friendly. Harris was very helpful, informative and provided excellent service. The rooms are very clean and I had no trouble with disturbing traffic noise. I was very pleased with my stay.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Andrewmba,

Thank you for your review of our property. Our location is always a great factor in booking with us. We are also far enough from the main attractions of the city to keep a quiet reserved stay but still close enough to get you to them very easily. We hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I just stayed at this Hotel and was quite happy with it. But mostly I want to compliment the front desk and particularly the manager, Harris, who was extremely helpful and is a great example of how to offer the best in customer service and courtesy. I have many choices of where to stay, but it is attitude and service that matter most. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Paul S, General Manager at Hilton New York Grand Central, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear DJ1232,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to give us your great review of our property. We are thrilled that Harris was able to make a lasting impression with you. It is always a delight for me to see one of my team members get recognized for taking care of our guests. On any of your visits to NYC please be sure to reach out to us so that we can continue providing you with great service.

Davis, California, United States
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I stayed in this hotel with my teenage daughter while on a college tour trip. The service was exceptional from the e-mail I received prior to my visit, through check-in, baggage storage, etc. The hotel is conveniently located for traveling from Grand Central Station and is located next to the lovely Tudor City area. There is a breakfast buffet on the ground floor and the atmosphere is very like a trendy European hotel. I will definitely stay here again when I visit New York

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valerie P,

We all want to thank you for taking the time to share your review on the site. College tours can be a very trying time for any family and we were glad to make sure you were as comfortable as possible during your stay. Our location makes us a perfect property for these types of trips and we look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My family and I had a current death in which we traveled last minute and had no reservations to stay. We had suffered quite a run around despite all of our issues however our stay at this Hilton hotel just made our loss more bare able. The staff was excellent with their help and support, Mr Harris Akhtar was one of the staff whom had assisted us to ensure our stay was as comfortable as possible. He was open to many suggestions and provided us with a great rate and beautiful balcony room which my children enjoyed. He was much more eager than other hosts to provide us with the best service to help us in our loss. " When it rains, it pours" is exactly how I felt but throughout my many traveling experiences and stays, this was one unforgettable stay due to the kind assistance that Mr Harris provided my family with. My family is indebted to his help and warm words and gratitude and we will surely always stay there when we travel to NY again. My family and I urge other families to consider this location on their next stay if they would like amazing service. I would recommend the help of Mr Harris as for he will surely direct you with the best room, stay and an amazing smile. Our Thank You's go out to him.

Room Tip: balcony room
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Anum b,

Thank you for providing your review of our property and mentioning the personal touch we were able to place on your stay. Harris truly is one of the stars of our property and he was very humbled you took the time to send this out and recognize him. It is always a pleasure for us to take care of guests and ensure their needs are met to help them on whatever reason they are choosing to stay with us. We hope the next time you visit us it can be on better conditions and we look forward to providing you with another amazing stay.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I have stayed in a number of different hotels over the years, but this was my first time at the Hilton Manhattan East. They got so many things right. It was a pleasant surprise to get an email in advance of my stay from the Front Office Director. He and his staff lived up to making this a great stay.

From the time I arrived to the time of checkout I felt the personal touch of the staff. Check in was efficient and speedy. Robert came out to greet me, which did nothing but reassure his commitment to make my stay comfortable and enjoyable. The room was clean and very comfortable. The staff accommodated my request for a later checkout so I could take a conference call in my room. Breakfast was a real breakfast, not a some muffins and breakfast cereal.

I also enjoyed the location. Convenient to the United Nations and all parts of midtown.

I use to be an avid Marriott guest until one day when I realized they didn't listen to their customers. That was the day I switched to Hilton. Robert and staff made me feel good about that decision. I'm looking forward to my next stay!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Rick S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is always exciting to see when a guest has been so impacted by a stay they decide to switch over to our brand and property. We are thrilled you were able to have such a great time with us and we thank you for recognizing Robert for being able to bring you aboard our Hilton family. We are sure you have Roberts' contact information so we hope you contact us anytime you need to stay in NYC.