“Great Experience from week to week”

Hilton New York Grand Central
Ranked #319 of 467 Hotels in New York City
New York City, New York
“Great Experience from week to week”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Being that I am an Independent consultant, I travel every week to and from my project site. I look for hotels where I feel comfortable, safe and close to my work location. My hope is that it is a Hilton. When I discovered Hilton Manhattan East I was elated and soon after beginning my project in New York, I became a guest there. I can't say enough good things about the hotel. One of the first things I noticed is, how friendly and accommodating everyone is. But I noticed this before I began staying there (another story). My rooms have been very comfortable, CLEAN and size appropriate for New York. Surprisingly, they are much larger than any of the other hotels I stayed in before discovering the Hilton.

Before I go on, I must rave about the first person I met at the Hilton. Stop by and say hello to Dennis Zimkouski, he'll be the one with the great big smile asking if he can help you. He is, by far, one of the most pleasant people I've met to date in New York. Dennis is not only a pleasant person, he is awesome at his job as a Hilton bellman.

There are many, but one incident sticks out in my mind as, it don't get better than this. I was running late one Friday (long meeting) and had a 1:15 flight. I remember turning the corner quickly to get to the hotel to grab my bag and catch a taxi. When getting to the hotel, Dennis was standing there like he was just waiting for me and yes, he had a smile on his face. I said, I need a taxi in 2 minute, and he said, Laguardia Airport, I nodded and rushed to my room to retrieved my bag,

On my way through the lobby I saw Dennis standing there, he turned, walked outside, hailed me a taxi and when i walked through the door he was waiting there to take my bag, open the taxi cab door and said have a great weekend all in one fluid movement/breathe. When I sat down, I exhaled and knew I was going to make my flight. I did.

I say all this to say, you will enjoy staying at the Hilton Manhattan East. Why? Because it is where people care about helping other people. And I like that.

One more thing about Dennis. We've had conversations about how long he’s been at the hotel, his work etc. When he speaks about the Hotel, staff and Management, he does it with such compassion and convictions, you want to find out for yourself if it's true/possible that work is as good as he say.

But wait a minute, I met the GM and I now know why Dennis smiles every day that I see him (well one of the reason he smiles). When meeting Paul Schwartz, you get a sense that everything is going to be OK. From Dennis's perspective, Paul has made working for the Hilton a pleasant experience, and being that most of us have to work, I think that's a good thing.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Paul S, General Manager at Hilton New York Grand Central, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear M W,

I want to thank you for taking the time to send in a 5 star review of our property. It was great to read that you had such a great time with us and it was great to see you had such a good connection with Dennis. He surely does his best to be our ambassador of the hotel. We hope on your next visits you choose to stay with us again.

Yours in Hospitality,

Paul Schwartz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Turkish first
Queensbury, New York
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The Hilton Manhattan East is a wonderful hotel located on the east side of midtown NY right on 42nd Street. Just a few blocks from Grand Central Station and the United Nations building it is a convenient place to stay. The staff are friendly and professional and the hotel rooms, although not large, are clean and comfortable. It is a well run hotel and they do try to please their guests. The restaurant offers a varied menu and the food is quite good. The Hilton Manhattan East is a great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Paul S, General Manager at Hilton New York Grand Central, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Eric M,

We thank you for taking the time to review our property. It was great to see how much you enjoyed our restaurant and take note of our amazing team. We do our best to provide the best service possible to any guest staying with us. On your next visit be sure to contact us in advance for VIP treatment.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Very accommodating, Pablo went out of his way to make sure all our needs we're met every morning before we left and every evening. He really made a difference. Located in a great area, some of the rooms are a bit small though but I guess that's New York.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Thomas H,

Thank you for stopping by to write a review of our property. We are happy to see you were able to enjoy our location and that Pablo was such a great asset to your stay. We do offer a wide variety of rooms including Junior Suites and Suites if you were looking for more space in the rooms. We hope to see you book with us again in the future.

Best Regards,

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Great hotel - close proximity to UN and Grand Central. Special thanks to Pablo Herrera who ALWAYS offers warm hospitality and professional service at breakfast. Entire staff is very personable! Would recommend hotel to business travelers and tourists alike.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear John M,

I want to thank you for giving us this great 5 star review. It is always a pleasure reading that Pablo once again was able to take care of one of our loyal guests. We hope to see you continue to stay with us.

Florham Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed at the Hilton for Memorial Day weekend. Prior to our arrival we received an e-mail from the Front Office Director, Robert Ibanez, personally welcoming us and offering his services. He quickly responded by e-mail to one of our requests. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. During our stay we encountered a problem and the hotel Manager, Harris, quickly rectified the situation and was extremely accommodating! He has a great personality and was very understanding as he gave us personal attention! We would definitely stay here again. Also, the hotel is in a great location and is walking distance to Times Square and a lot of restaurants and shops.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Liz S
Paul S, General Manager at Hilton New York Grand Central, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Liz S,

We were very happy to see you had a great time at our property. We do our best to get in touch with our guests before and after to make sure they had a great stay with us. Harris always does his best to place a personal touch with each guest he interacts with. We are hoping we made a lifetime guest out of you both. See you on your next visit with us.

Yours in Hospitality,

istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 2 June 2014

staff in the front is horrible but fast check in and without waiting for them to help you, you can get to your room fast. the room service is overpriced. the rooms are small but clean. if you re a smoker, they have smoking rooms just make sure you call them up and double check with them before arrival.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear sizen A,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback of your recent stay with us. It was very disconcerting to read your troubles with our Front Services. It is surely not the quality of service we aim to provide to any of our guests. We do have smoking rooms however they are very limited and you are correct in saying the best way to book one is to call in advance. I hope in the future you can look past some of your issues and choose to stay with us again.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stay at the Hilton East often. It is comfortable, quiet, and well-run. The staff are very responsive and friendly, especially Kevin at the front desk who is super helpful and professional. Some of the rooms have minor mechanical issues characteristic of a vintage property, but generally it's a great place to stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear J P,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to review our property with a great 5 star review. I was a true delight to read that Kevin was able to take such great care of you during your time with us. While we are an old building we do offer a great team that is hear willing and able to take care of any of your needs. We hope on your next visit you choose to stay with us again.