Being that I am an Independent consultant, I travel every week to and from my project site. I look for hotels where I feel comfortable, safe and close to my work location. My hope is that it is a Hilton. When I discovered Hilton Manhattan East I was elated and soon after beginning my project in New York, I became a guest there. I can't say enough good things about the hotel. One of the first things I noticed is, how friendly and accommodating everyone is. But I noticed this before I began staying there (another story). My rooms have been very comfortable, CLEAN and size appropriate for New York. Surprisingly, they are much larger than any of the other hotels I stayed in before discovering the Hilton.
Before I go on, I must rave about the first person I met at the Hilton. Stop by and say hello to Dennis Zimkouski, he'll be the one with the great big smile asking if he can help you. He is, by far, one of the most pleasant people I've met to date in New York. Dennis is not only a pleasant person, he is awesome at his job as a Hilton bellman.
There are many, but one incident sticks out in my mind as, it don't get better than this. I was running late one Friday (long meeting) and had a 1:15 flight. I remember turning the corner quickly to get to the hotel to grab my bag and catch a taxi. When getting to the hotel, Dennis was standing there like he was just waiting for me and yes, he had a smile on his face. I said, I need a taxi in 2 minute, and he said, Laguardia Airport, I nodded and rushed to my room to retrieved my bag,
On my way through the lobby I saw Dennis standing there, he turned, walked outside, hailed me a taxi and when i walked through the door he was waiting there to take my bag, open the taxi cab door and said have a great weekend all in one fluid movement/breathe. When I sat down, I exhaled and knew I was going to make my flight. I did.
I say all this to say, you will enjoy staying at the Hilton Manhattan East. Why? Because it is where people care about helping other people. And I like that.
One more thing about Dennis. We've had conversations about how long he’s been at the hotel, his work etc. When he speaks about the Hotel, staff and Management, he does it with such compassion and convictions, you want to find out for yourself if it's true/possible that work is as good as he say.
But wait a minute, I met the GM and I now know why Dennis smiles every day that I see him (well one of the reason he smiles). When meeting Paul Schwartz, you get a sense that everything is going to be OK. From Dennis's perspective, Paul has made working for the Hilton a pleasant experience, and being that most of us have to work, I think that's a good thing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Formerly the Tudor Hotel, this Midtown historic boutique hotel was transformed and reopened in 2010 as the Hilton Manhattan East. 300 Guest Rooms and Suites located on East 42nd St. Walking distance to Grand Central, Midtown and the United Nations. As of January, 2017 it is now Hilton New York Grand Central. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton New York Grand Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Manhattan East Hotel New York City
- Tudor Hotel United Nations
- Crowne Plaza United Nations
- Tudor Hotel New York City