“Near and Far”

Hilton New York Grand Central
Ranked #343 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This hotel was in the perfect location for what I wanted to experience for my New York vacation. It was close enough to the heart of the action that I was never far away from a great time. Also far enough east that I felt like I was escaping to a quiet place at 4am. Great decorations and a really comfortable lobby and bar area. I didn't get to go to the restaurant but it looked nice. The business center was conveniently located so I could easily print my boarding pass. The maid service was okay. They skipped a day and the next day I had to call for service. Maybe they assumed I didn't want new towels. The room was cute and comfortable. The bathroom was on the small side but it was mostly just me. Overall the hotel had a classic decor with modern nuances throughout that kept me comfortable. I would definitely stay here again on my next trip to New York.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Paul S, General Manager at Hilton New York Grand Central, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Alarice,

Your review was very much appreciated and I do like the amount of detail you included for everyone to read. I am happy to see you enjoyed our location and got to use some of the other outlets on property. On your next visit to NYC be sure to contact us so we can personally handle your needs.

Best Regards,

Paul Schwartz

Write a ReviewReviews (2,541)

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have been staying at the Manhattan East frequently over the past several years, but started staying there many, many years ago when it was still the Tudor. I liked it back then and even more these days. The rooms are clean and quiet (for Manhattan) and the staff is friendly and extremely helpful. Definitely a good place to stay.

Dear Aimsceo,

It was a true pleasure to read your great review of our property. Your loyalty is truly a remarkable value and we are very happy after all these years we are able to still keep you happy and coming back to us. We hope anytime you visit the NYC area you will always be with us.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed 20 June 2014

The Hilton Manhattan East is a great old world Hotel. It is superbly unique. I had a room with a balcony overlooking the East River. The staff is is among the most attentive I have ever experienced in a Hotel.

1  Thank Phil B

Dear Phil B,

I wanted to personally thank you for giving us a great 5 star review and posting that lovely photo of one of our balcony rooms. We were glad you decided to give us a chance and choose us over the other Hiltons in Manhattan. We will be sure to continue to exceed your expectations and have you stay with us consistently in the future.

Best,

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Hilton Manhattan East while in town for business. The property was in a good location, clean and the staff was very helpful. The food at the restaurant was okay. My only complaint would be that my room had a slightly damp odor. I suspect that the age of the building had something to do with it but it wasn't bad enough to warrant a room change.

I would stay there again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear srichardson4b,

I wanted to stop in and thank you for reviewing our property. I am glad to see you enjoyed the location and staff. It was unfortunate to read that you had an issue with your room and I'll be sure to do some research and treat the room you were staying in. Next time you are visiting the city we hope you choose to stay with us again and I will assure you we will get you one of the best rooms on property.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights on my first trip ever to NYC and it was fantastic. East to walk to grand central station and the staff were super friendly and helpful for any questions I had. Would definitely come back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Rebeccat5682014

Thank you so much for giving us a 5 star review. We were thrilled ot see you had such a great time with us. It was a pleasure to have you and we hope to see you back with us in the future.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

As an avid stayer in Hilton Hotels - this one was exceptional for every reason you can think of including the rate. Pablo in the breakfast area was exceptionally helpful as he prepared things for me to take my breakfast back to my room - I didn't expect it.....but commend him for going above and beyond in his help. I'll definitely return to this hotel :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Paul S, General Manager at Hilton New York Grand Central, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Archangel9911,

I first want to thank you for being a loyal member for the Hilton brand and we were ecstatic to see your 5 star review on here. It is always a pleasure to see when one of our team members is recognized for their hardwork. We hope on your next visit to NYC you continue to stay at our property.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Staff was very friendly. No issues checking in bags early. Eager to give directions.

Location is convenient to Grand Central Station.

The room had a comfy bed and looked nice. However, when I began walking barefoot on the floor, my feet started picking up a lot of dirty; also found a used q-tip on the floor. Bathroom tile was cracked in places.

Considering how everything else was great, I'd give the hotel the benefit of the doubt and try them one more time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Paul S, General Manager at Hilton New York Grand Central, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Tony F,

I wanted to first thank you for providing us with your feedback of our property. While I was happy to see that the staff was so great with you it is unfortunate your room was not up the standard we aim to provide here at Hilton. I will certainly be investigating that room as it appears it is in dire need of a touch up. I hope on your next visit you choose to stay with us again so we can show you we have top conditioned rooms.