“Comfort, Location and excellent service!”

Hilton New York Grand Central
Ranked #327 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Los Angeles, California
“Comfort, Location and excellent service!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Front Desk Director, Robert sent a welcome email and made sure that we had an enjoyable stay. The location is great and within walking distance to Grand Central Station and MidTown. Hotel staff and concierge were helpful and made you feel welcome!

Room Tip: Stayed in corner room 1420. Great space, quiet with nice bathroom, good natural light and balcony.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul S, General Manager at Hilton New York Grand Central, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Timw68,

We were all delighted to read your great comment about our hotel and your 5 star review. Robert does his best to ensure all of our guests are contacted before they arrive and after as well to ensure we have done all that we can to exceed all your expectations. Our balcony rooms are one of our best rooms and I am happy to see you were able to enjoy one. We hope to see you on your next visit.

Paul Schwartz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Turkish first
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Great location for Midtown East. Easy walk to 3rd Ave as well as UN area. Rooms were good size - I understand you want to ask for the "South Tower" for the better rooms.

The bar area was small, but accommodating for a nightcap - plenty of better places to hang out in NYC.

Room Tip: Ask for the South Tower.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Jon E,

Thank you for taking the time to send in your review. Given your seasoned travel in the NYC area I was delighted to see you gave us a good 4 star review and were able to enjoy your time with us. We certainly sell well due to our location and we have a great staff to add to it. We hope on your next visit you decide to stay with us once again.

Best Wishes,

Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I just returned from celebrating our 20th anniversary in NYC. Not knowing where to stay - I researched hotels online and came across the Hilton Manhattan East. Our room was exactly what we expected, clean safe and quiet. AMAZING staff all the way around and fantastic location. Would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to NYC. You are so close to so many things including Grand Central, Times Square and more. Comfortable beds, clean bathroom - really nice little lobby bar to have a drink and hang out. Wonderful NYC Gem!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Anne-Marie H,

I would say your review is AMAZING as you certainly told the world how great we truly are. We were very happy to have you with us for your anniversary and we can't wait to have you back with us. I am glad to see you ejoyed our team and were able to have a good time in our Lounge. We hope to be seeing you back with us soon.

Yours in Hospitality,

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was my first stay at the hotel and I look forward to going back! The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. Our room was a nice size (especially for NYC) and it was very clean. The location was a few blocks from Grand Central so it was easy to get around.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Amy B
Dear Amy B,

I want to thank you for taking the time to send in a great review of our property. It is always a delight to hear a guest had such a great time thye cant wait to come back to us. We are all glad you were able to have a great experience with our staff and enjoy our locaton. We are looking forward to having you with us again in the near future.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This hotel was in the perfect location for what I wanted to experience for my New York vacation. It was close enough to the heart of the action that I was never far away from a great time. Also far enough east that I felt like I was escaping to a quiet place at 4am. Great decorations and a really comfortable lobby and bar area. I didn't get to go to the restaurant but it looked nice. The business center was conveniently located so I could easily print my boarding pass. The maid service was okay. They skipped a day and the next day I had to call for service. Maybe they assumed I didn't want new towels. The room was cute and comfortable. The bathroom was on the small side but it was mostly just me. Overall the hotel had a classic decor with modern nuances throughout that kept me comfortable. I would definitely stay here again on my next trip to New York.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Alarice,

Your review was very much appreciated and I do like the amount of detail you included for everyone to read. I am happy to see you enjoyed our location and got to use some of the other outlets on property. On your next visit to NYC be sure to contact us so we can personally handle your needs.

Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have been staying at the Manhattan East frequently over the past several years, but started staying there many, many years ago when it was still the Tudor. I liked it back then and even more these days. The rooms are clean and quiet (for Manhattan) and the staff is friendly and extremely helpful. Definitely a good place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Aimsceo,

It was a true pleasure to read your great review of our property. Your loyalty is truly a remarkable value and we are very happy after all these years we are able to still keep you happy and coming back to us. We hope anytime you visit the NYC area you will always be with us.

Yours in Hospitality,

New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The Hilton Manhattan East is a great old world Hotel. It is superbly unique. I had a room with a balcony overlooking the East River. The staff is is among the most attentive I have ever experienced in a Hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Phil B
Dear Phil B,

I wanted to personally thank you for giving us a great 5 star review and posting that lovely photo of one of our balcony rooms. We were glad you decided to give us a chance and choose us over the other Hiltons in Manhattan. We will be sure to continue to exceed your expectations and have you stay with us consistently in the future.

Best,