Hotel Elysee by Library Hotel Collection
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$185
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$173
US$139
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$157
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$170
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$350
  • Room Service
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
US$440
US$323
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$312
US$278
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$300
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$148
  • Restaurant
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$334
US$298
Agoda.com
4,356 results
All reviewsmonkey barclub roomwine and cheesenew yorksecond floor loungecontinental breakfastcentral parkbagelscocktail hourhard boiled eggsfresh fruitcharming hotelsmall hotelhome away from homeevery eveningking suitestreet noise
Reviewed 2 September 2013

The hotel is in an ideal place for visitors to NY being very close to Central Park and therefore both museums galleries and a bit of retail therapy. The staff were very friendly and efficient and rooms comfortable and well equipped.

Room Tip: We had a room with a balcony. A treat in NY
1  Thank Hascombe
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I read the reviews and was so excited about my stay at this place. To me, service is what makes a hotel great. I did find good service at times, but I was surprised at some problems that were service related.

I booked the hotel and requested an early checkin. I was told they would work hard for an early checkin, but if a room wasn't ready I could leave my luggage while we explored the city. Ok. So we arrived early (10:30) and the room, of course, wasn't ready. We walked Central Park and explored, and came back to the hotel by 2:00. The room was still not ready, but they said they would bring us the key in a few and that we could wait in their lounge. By 3:00 the room still was not ready, even though we had seen several people already get into their rooms. At 3:10 I went downstairs and they said, "Oh yeah, it's just now ready." Not only did I not get an early checkin, I ended up with a late checkin. No apologies, no consideration...nothing. Now, considering checkout was 1:00 and we didn't get in until after 3:10, it tells me they couldn't get the room cleaned in less than 2 hours and 10 minutes.

This punished me later, as we left our car when we went exploring that first day. When we checked out Monday at noon THEY CHARGED US AN EXTRA DAY because we left the car at 10:30 and we checked out at noon. We couldn't get into our room on time, but they had no problem charging me when I kept my car an extra 1.5 hours in their parking lot. They didn't warn me in advance...they just charged me. I don't consider that the type of service this hotel seems famous for. Even moderate hotels wouldn't count minutes like that, especially when we got into the room late because of their error, not ours.

Otherwise, it was fine, and the people at the front desk would help in many ways. I think there are problems with the room cleaning and other things too...cleaning seemed very slow for all 3 days we were there.

The fact that you're paying $350 a night should mean that you get the very best of service. I'm surprised at how many issues there were.

Oh, and breakfast is a continental breakfast. Juice, danishes, cold cereal. For a hotel trying to be a 4- or 5-star, they can do better. The location has no view, so all they have is service. If they fail at that, there's no reason to stay here.

Room Tip: Make sure you count the minutes for parking...they are.
4  Thank SuperFlyTNT2011
elysee54, General Manager at Hotel Elysee by Library Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear SuperFlyTNT2011,

We agree with you completely. No matter what you are paying every guest wholeheartedly deserves the best service. I am terribly sorry to hear if we failed to satisfy your expectations on your recent stay. I looked into the situation and to be fair, I do see you requested an early check in. Our Guest Service Agent did indeed offer you upon your arrival at 10:30am the option of a Deluxe Room with a King bed at no extra charge. According to our records you decided to pass on that opportunity and indicated that you preferred to wait for a room on a higher floor facing the front. Is this incorrect? I see that the keys were handed to you at 3:07pm which is a few minutes after check in time and for that we apologize. I know it is hard to understand the challenges we face at the hotel, especially when you are not part of the industry. We try to make it look effortless but our dedicated and hard working housekeeping team actually had to get 26 rooms ready for our 3PM check in time on that particular day. Unfortunately, to complicate the matter, the room you chose to wait for had an issue that required special time and attention before passing the manager’s inspection. Just as we strived to get your room ready by 3PM, we must do the same each day for all of our arrivals. In the future, if you or the any other traveler reading this would like to highlight your room for the earliest available cleaning time, please feel free to use the service sign located on the inside of your door handle.

While we do not own a parking garage, we are very grateful to have a garage next door that cooperates with us and provides a discounted rate exclusively to our guests. We do not have any say with regard to setting their prices or policies but if you feel this was not communicated properly, I offer you my apologies. I can assure you the pricing for the parking was not designed to punish you and I am deeply saddened to hear you feel that way. The price for non-guests at the same garage is $61.00 for up to 24 hours, unless it is an SUV or larger vehicle. As you can see, guests of the Elysée are offered more than a 50% reduction in price. Typically in NYC, a hotel’s garage arrangement is based on 24 hours without the ability to remove your vehicle during your stay. If you choose to do so, a new cycle will begin when you return your car. I will instruct the staff with tips on how to better communicate this pricing structure to those gusts arriving with a vehicle. Unlike many four and five star hotels in New York City that will charge $50-$100 for continental breakfast for two once you include the tax and service, the Elysée along with our sister hotels do provide an array of complimentary refreshments in our clubroom throughout the day, including continental breakfast each morning, a three hour wine and cheese reception each evening and coffee, tea, cookies and fruits throughout the day. Specifically, our signature continental breakfast includes hot oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, yogurts, fresh fruit salad and whole fruits, assorted croissants, mini-muffins, assorted scones, Danishes and pastries, bagels with cream cheese, peanut butter, Nutella, preserves and butter, fresh orange and grapefruit juice and yes, assorted cereals, coffee and teas. Should you want something heartier, some of the most remarkable breakfast and brunch experiences are available nearby and our concierges will be glad to help you find exactly what you are looking for.

John Avina

Reviewed 2 September 2013

The Hotel Elysee constantly makes you feel like you're returning to your own private club in the city complete with a staff who is happy to wait on you. The reception area of the hotel is elegant and ample in size but still intimate. The lounge rooms on the second floor become your own study and living room, complete with a staff to prepare you drinks and hors deourves in the evening and a paper and breakfast in the morning. At other times of the day, there are always coffee, tea and snacks.

At the end of a day of shopping, museums or whatever, it is so nice to enter the second floor lounge and unwind in a stuffed chair with your family or friends over coffee, wine or champaigne. (All inclusive.)

The hallways, rooms, everything is elegant. As many have mentioned, I can't imagine better service.

(Wish I could live here.)

Room Tip: There is street noise on 54th Street. It doesn't bother my sleep but if such noise does bother you, take a room on an upper level or back of the hotel.
Reviewed 2 September 2013

If you are looking for a home away from home go no further...this is the place to stay in NYC. The staff from the doorman to the front desk, to the refreshment staff and the chamber maids are polite and interested in serving you. They have great attitudes. The room was as clean as could be and very pleasant. The breakfast and afternoon snacks were delicious and served in a beautiful setting. My only complaint was the firmness of the mattress however the staff placed two feather toppers on the mattress to make it a bit more comfortable on my back. An excellent hotel that deserves to be recommended and I will stay there if I return to NYC>

Room Tip: There is some street noise being NYC so you may request an inside room
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Very nice, great staff. They don't try to squeeze you for add ons like other hotels. Free Wi Fi and nice complimentary breakfast. You are a few blocks from some of the nicest areas in the city. I will certainly return. Very clean and very upscale looking.

Room Tip: You are a few blocks from some of the nicest areas in the city. And away from the tourist mobs.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends