“Incredible!”

Ranked #10 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Cool, California, Usa
“Incredible!”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Hotel Elysee is perfectly located in Manhattan, NY, close to everything you could possible want to do in the city. The staff couldn't be more helpful or accommodating and genuinely enjoy what they do. All of them are very knowledgeable, too, and can assist with anything from inexpensive transportation to exclusive restaurant reservations. Pay attention when they recommend those restaurants, too. They have excellent taste! The only thing that makes me hesitate about singing their praises is there are already so many people who have discovered them, I don't need any more competition getting rooms there when I'm in town!

Room Tip: The King Suite is really spacious and comfortable, not like a hotel room at all. The bed is extreme...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Linda S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (869)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Nyack, New York
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We stayed here for two nights after we got married and before we left for Aruba. All of the the staff we met was very attentive and friendly, unlike in some hotels. The cocktail hour and the breakfast were amazing--the food was fresh, there was a wide variety of food and drink, and it was constantly being refilled by the staff. Our room was clean and it was surprisingly very quiet for being in the heart of the city.

1 Thank Victoria882
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stayed six nights at this Hotel, we chose it on the back of very good reviews and were not disapppointed.We were greeted at the front desk by Rich a most helpful and friendly person you would ever want to meet ever wishing to please.We were celebrating our golden wedding the hotel upgraded our room and Hope presented us with a bottle of wine and chocolates.The room was excellent and quietly situated.The continental breakfast was varied and well stocked, the staff were always on hand to assist, an added bonus was the afternoon tea excellent after a days sightseeing.Two small points of concern the bath tub has no means of assist (a grab handle),the coffee/tea makers do not reach the plug socket! a small table would help. All in all my wife and I enojoyed this trip made all the better by the "Elysee"
David and Alwyn

Room Tip: Choose rear facing
Toronto
Reviewed 5 September 2013

After staying at the Casablanca a couple of years back, I wanted to try a sister property of the Library chain to see if it would live up to the same standards I had come to expect and I was so happy I did. Here are the highlights of our stay:

- Chris at the front desk was so helpful in making reservations, suggesting activities and remembering details of our evening and asking how we enjoyed our time. He as well as the other amazing staff members are the main reason why I'd go back

- The complimentary breakfast has good variety and since I'm gluten free, appreciated the gluten free toast offering -- Only suggestion, more newspapers please. I had a hard time finding an intact NYTimes to read and would have been happy to pay for a copy if available

- The rooms have a classic feel and decoration however had all the essentials I needed, a room safe, iron, hairdryer and the wifi worked well

Thanks for another memorable stay and I look forward to returning again soon!

Room Tip: Rooms on lower levels are better as the elevator is small and slow. I took the stairs most of the t...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed 10 nights for our honeymoon and it's the best hotel we've ever been to in terms of service. The hotel staff are so well trained and do their very best to accommodate all of your needs from asking where asking where to buy things, hailing a cab or borrowing an umbrella in a thunderstorm! Breakfast is complementary as is the cheese and wine between 5 - 8. The lounge is a lovely place to sit and relax and there's free tea and coffee all day. The rooms are very well cleaned every day, which is nice to come back to after a long day out. Our room was tastefully decorated on the 14th floor so very quiet. On our arrival, there was Prosecco and chocolates to welcome us and congratulate us on our marriage. Also a check out of 1pm and the hotel looking after our bags made our final afternoon very relaxing and fuss-free. When we return to New York, we would not stay at any other hotel. Thank you to all of the hotel staff for such a fantastic stay - you guys o a great job!

1 Thank Debbiel2811
East Hampton, New York
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Locted in the best pat of midtown Manhattan on 54th Street between Madiaon and Park Avenues, the Hotel Elysees knows how to treat its guests. The front desk is welcoming, the accommodations luxurious without being "over the top", the lounge where you can enjoy a complimenrtary breakfast and complimentary cocktail hour is perfect for unwinding. Moreover, it has a goodly selection of newspapers, magazinesz, books and xcomplimentary computer access. Who could wish for more?

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank plr2013
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 3 September 2013

From Arizona to Alaska, from California to Connecticut and the many places in between, this is one of my favorite places to stay in the United States. This was my fourth time staying at the Hotel Elysee and the only problem I have in reviewing it again is trying not to sound too repetitive or saccharine. Read the five star reviews; I think they are very acccurate.

Suffice to say, this place combines the warmth and friendliness of a gracious B and B with the privacy and amenities of an elegant hotel. The closest I can come to describing The Elysee is that it is is a hotel with personality, a hotel with a refreshingly cool vibe, and a hotel with an understated sophistication minus any sense of pretension.

Yes, the location is great, the rooms are very clean, the club room is the perfect place to regroup, and the breakfast and happy hour are thoughful touches; but, it is the staff who makes this place so special and welcoming.

I very seldom take the time to review the places I stay, but I feel this one deserves special recognition.

Helpful hints? Well, I would opt for a king rather than a queen. The rooms in the front that face 54th St. are fine.....nice cityscape. However, if noise bothers you, wear eyeplugs or ask for a room higher up or in the back. The neighborhood is quite safe. A major subway line is about four or five blocks away. (I think that the subways are a safe, effective way to get around the city.) I have also found that most New Yorkers are wonderfully helpful.

The most reasonable rates seem to be offered on Sunday nights. Also, rates vary depending on the month. But, whatever the day or month, don't miss this wonderfu place.

The only downside is that I am still looking for a restaurant near the hotel that matches the ambience of the hotel. Great food......no attitude.

Room Tip: See review.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends