“A landmark hotel that is as great today as ever!”

Hotel Elysee by Library Hotel Collection
Ranked #10 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We spent our 25th wedding anniversary at Hotel Elysee last weekend. What a beautiful hotel, with wonderful amenities and a terrific staff! Hope I can go there again soon! The rooms are gorgeous. Also 0they have the Club Room for all guests on the 2nd floor - special little retreat with coffee, drinks, treats, etc... lovely! Perfect location in NYC. I live right outside the city - so I know it well. This is the place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nena C
Write a ReviewReviews (4,224)

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The Elysee is always so nice; we enjoy our yearly stay here every time. The service is always first class, the rooms comfortable, and the atmosphere unpretentious and warm. We enjoy the location near museums and shopping.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2014

So glad I choose this hotel for my first visit to NYC. The location was absolutely perfect and I could pretty much walk every where I went including the theaters I was seeing shows at. The morning breakfast and afternoon reception were very lovely and plentiful. The wait staff were very friendly and attentive. My Junior Suite on the 14th floor (144) over looking 54th was well appointed and very comfortable. The street noise was minimal and from a distance. The linens and towels were high quality. I requested a fan and mini fridge which was accommodated without hesitation. . The front desk was helpful and made a few meal reservations for me prior to my arrival. All the recommendations were great.
The only downside was The Flying Monkey adjacent to the hotel did not serve food after 11:00 pm. A bit inconvenient if you wanted a bite to eat after the theater. All and all though it was ideal. I highly recommend the property and thoroughly enjoyed my stay and visit to NYC.

Room Tip: Junior Suite Room 114 was lovely.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 April 2014

the hotel stay was a total delight with excellent service and a very caring staff. I plan to return soon. the breakfast is very well done and you won't leave without being totally satisfied. our cocktail time in the evening with friends was great prior to going out to dinner and a show. Can't wait to return next month. ww

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times now and all were a pleasure. It is "pricey" on the high end of New York but it is very nice and intimate. It is also in a great location just south of central park. It is a small, slightly elegant hotel with a great staff, a great bar (The Monkey Bar), offer a free continental breakfast, and a free happy hour lounge. The rooms are on the small side but decorated very nicely. I will use this hotel again.

Room Tip: you might want a room that does not face the street as New York can be noisy late at night with truc...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This is the 5th visit at the Elysee for us. It continues to be a nice place to stay. The hotel is always immaculate. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast and wine and cheese hours are a great bonus. Our only gripes are that there is only 1 elevator so at times the wait to get to the lobby can be long. The bathrooms could also stand to have more surface areas to place toiletries. Even with these shortcomings we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I booked this hotel because of reviews I had read on TripAdvisor and I was expecting a lot. The welcome by staff was always warm and it had a real friendly feel. Our room was lovely and as expected from the photos. We wanted a hotel that included breakfast, so the Elysee had that covered. The early evening drink and nibbles was a nice extra. The location is perfect with a subway station 3 mins walk away.
I would have no hesitation returning to this hotel and have only happy thoughts of our recent stay.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple