5 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$386
PricelineUS$408
eDreamsUS$408
4,847 results
All reviews monkey bar club room wine and cheese new york continental breakfast central park bagels floor lounge home away from home small hotel every evening king suite wonderful hotel street noise midtown manhattan love this hotel the location is perfect
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 May 2019

This hotel was great - clean, safe, as quiet as a midtown location could be for sleeping. Not your usual chain hotel - lots of character. I would definitely stay here again. One thing - I wish there were more gluten free breakfast options.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank U8922YNchrisg
Reviewed 30 May 2019

Hotel Elysée and the services it offers went far beyond what my family and I expected.
The rooms were spacious, comfortable, and offered a great view from the terrasse.
Each and every member of the staff did everything they could to make our stay memorable: courteous, helpful, attentive, professional and eager to meet our requests.
Breakfast buffet: excellent fresh fruit salad every day, great variety of food, and personal attention from the personnel at every moment.
Wine and cheese: such a civilized way of ending the day before going out for dinner.
My family, who came from Europe, was highly impressed.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank deniskohlmuller
Reviewed 30 May 2019

Staff was unfailingly polite and helpful. The facility was well maintained and functional items such as towels, toiletries were first rate. The effort to assist us with whatever we needed was welcome and encourages us to revisit.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Driver069
Reviewed 30 May 2019

We have stayed at Hotel Elysee many times and always are delighted to return. This time we had a slight issue in checking in as I specifically had called to make the reservations requesting a room not near the elevators and one with a stall shower. We got the room away from the elevators but not with a stall shower. This is a smaller boutique hotel and every room has its own charms and quirks.

Anyway, with a little encouragement including stating that we would be checking out the next day and would not pay for the room for the night unless they made this "right" they did.

Had I not spoken to the front desk just a few days before our arrival to confirm that all was in order I might not have been so upset but in the end, all was fine.

The daily breakfasts and evening wine and cheese in the library area on the second floor are a treat and the staff there is very helpful and attentive.

Location is great, within walking distance to the theater if it isn't raining or in the true heat of summer and near great restaurants, shopping etc.

We will still return the next time we visit NY

Room tip: Junior suites are ideal
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Trip16117426575
Reviewed 20 May 2019

Sorry but this is not a good hotel . Everything looks nice on pictures so I hesitate if it is really any meaning reading opinions and looking on pictures before booking hotel. I blame myself not beeing enough observant before booking!
The hotel is:
1. Overpriced.
2. Not very clean.
3. Furnitures old and worn.
4. Very noisy from the street.
5. Carparking on both sides of the hotel.
6. Breakfast very traditional and not many choices.
7. Good points is the location!
8. The welcoming was nice with a bottle of wine and chocolates.
9. Happy hours in the late afternoon is ok with wine, cheese and some vegetables.
10 BUT the hotel lack style and engagement, this basic things as cleaning and updating the standard in general are abscent.
And the television is analogical as the staff has not even try to arrange digital transmission!
Why have a hotel when this lack of engagement and joy?
3 mai -13 mai

• Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank 130anne
HotelElysee-GM, General Manager at Hotel Elysee by Library Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2019

Dear 130anne,

Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate hearing from you. I have reviewed our logs and at no time during you ten nights with us, did you mention anything out of order. For example, you mention the noise from the street, indeed if you are not accustomed to an urban environment, the front of the hotel could be bothersome; however, you requested a low floor facing the front. A quick call or visit to the desk would have rectified this. You mention the hotel not being clean but you offer nothing specific, if there was anything in particular you noticed, please feel free to reach out to me and I will duly investigate. You also mention our analogue cable system, you are correct, our televisions do not broadcast in High Definition; however, this system will be replaced in the near future when we undergo our next major renovation. Our architects are currently drawing up plans for review. After sitting down with my team, we discovered that you did not receive the customary mid stay call from either the Front Office Manager or the Shift Manager enquiring if all was well, we apologize. Had you received this call, I believe we could have alleviated your discomfort. Again, if you have any further concerns, please reach out to me personally at john@elyseehotel.com it would be my pleasure to communicate with you directly.

John Avina